Making Show Leads?

kirst_goldens

Paracord The good stuff u will only find its from usa... and leather if u do a search for kangaroo leather u will find some local places..

We make kangaroo leather ones and its alot of hard work, lol

Good luck!

do u have a link or a name of a place in the US for cord?? I need a hobby and thought i might give this a shot - im not very creative so it will probs be a huge fail bahaha but i love making things... the leather would be fun to learn as well i would love to make my old man bitsa a new leather lead as the last one was destroyed :rofl::(

I buy pandora style beads.. try ebay for paracord it isnt to cheap..

Yer u have to plate with 4 bits of leather and keep the colour facing up lol I tried but gave up 5 mins later to hard for me.. my other half is the master of the leads he did leather work as a kid so knows how to do it from then lol...

found a paracord place in the states!! yay!

when u say pandora style beads what does that mean?? and where can u get them?? i ahve sen a few places saying they have pandora leads... i cant find any beads with a large enough hole!!

Hi,

There are lots of sellers on ebay that have beads with large holes.............they will list them as similiar to pandora or suit pandora. Genuine Pandora beads are expensive and it is a trade mark name.......which is why the seller list the beads to suit Pandora.

Just checked ebay....you need to put into the search....beads to fit 14mm charm bracelet..........lots of large hole beads come up.........I would guess the sellers are no longer allowed to say for Pandora unless they are genuine.

Also...some of the larger leather supply shops do lessons and also have books.......I know it little help to you but have a look at the Birdsall Leather & Craft site (they are in Sydney)

Edited by Showpony

Good topic Kirst :D

I actually wouldn't mind making a few leads, but I want to make fine ones, the paracord is too thick and doesn't look nice on my little ladies :thumbsup:

Hi,

You can get finer paracord on Ebay..........just look at the diameter and strand count...Cheers

found a paracord place in the states!! yay!

when u say pandora style beads what does that mean?? and where can u get them?? i ahve sen a few places saying they have pandora leads... i cant find any beads with a large enough hole!!

Hi,

There are lots of sellers on ebay that have beads with large holes.............they will list them as similiar to pandora or suit pandora. Genuine Pandora beads are expensive and it is a trade mark name.......which is why the seller list the beads to suit Pandora.

Just checked ebay....you need to put into the search....beads to fit 14mm charm bracelet..........lots of large hole beads come up.........I would guess the sellers are no longer allowed to say for Pandora unless they are genuine.

Also...some of the larger leather supply shops do lessons and also have books.......I know it little help to you but have a look at the Birdsall Leather & Craft site (they are in Sydney)

Thanks!! ill have a search tonight!! Lessons or books would be awesome so il check those out as well :D

Good topic Kirst :cheer:

I actually wouldn't mind making a few leads, but I want to make fine ones, the paracord is too thick and doesn't look nice on my little ladies :thumbsup:

I have seen braiding with silk or ribbons?? braided like a leather lead or sometimes just plaited but hard to keep the nicer side to the outside worth a shot though and looks nice when done properly and as mentioned by showpony u can get thinner paracord - i am looking at 4mm which is the usual lead thickness so maybe go 2mm?? there is heaps of cords at spotlight but not what i was after there might be something there that would suit ur girls though? wish id seen this before today we could have brainstormed bahaha

thanks! still searching seems no body will help im not out to steal ur business i just want to make a lead for my baby puppy :) but oh well

Hi,

See if you can borrow one from a friend..........once you see a paracord beaded lead they are not that hard to copy.......especially if your crafty