Alternatives For Toileting

Paptacular!

My 6 week old babies are being little terrors!! :banghead:

I scrapped using newspaper a week or so ago because they were starting to rip it up and changed to wee mats.

They started dragging them around so I attempted to anchor them underneath the edge of the puppy pen and with their water bowl on another corner.

Came home yesterday and there was a large hole in the padding with white 'snow' scattered around the pen!! So they've lost wee pad privileges too for now.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative that is undestroyable?

Depending on where they stay when your not there what about some wood savings ? Little wee's would soak up.

If inside old towels on the floor but they would probably drag those around also?

One of my puppy buyers tell me they save up pizza boxes and his puppy goes in them :shrug::):o Discovered that she would use it after leaving one on the kitchen floor one night. I hope he feeds the puppy better than he feeds himself.

I found this link very helpful - is by an american breeder

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/breedingdogs/p...ppies3weeks.htm

I try to follow this with my pups from 3 weeks and usually they are all pretty much paper trained by the time they go - - I have a rectangle pen I keep them in - with newspaper down one end - I put the news paper in a car boot tray so can be easily lifted out - my husband made a sort of wooden divider with a door way into it which did help - but my last litter didn't respect all this and still dragged the newspaper around - so far this litter is good - have not put the divider up yet they are just 6 weeks - its a bit of a trial and error thing I guess - but the litter that did drag paper around were a winter litter and didn't get outside quite as much - or maybe just a more full on litter.

Paptacular, I am not scolding you in any way, but why aren't they outside ?.

Heavens above, I do understand what the what the climate can be like in this country but I always get the pups out somehow.

See if you can find the most sheltered area on concrete or earth or bit of both and set up a pen large or small, with with a bed that is fully covered.

Often puppies that are not put out to learn to use the outdoors can become very difficult to house train. :confused:

Yes, I know it's easy for me say as I am set for pups.

If you bring them inside of a night time do what I think Becks said, thick layers of newspaper.

Yes three or 4 full newspapers deep or more if you wish.

Surprise, surprise, you only have to remove the soiled and damp sheets from the top. :laugh:

Have fun with the pups.

Heavens above, I do understand what the what the climate can be like in this country but I always get the pups out somehow.

See if you can find the most sheltered area on concrete or earth or bit of both and set up a pen large or small, with with a bed that is fully covered.

Often puppies that are not put out to learn to use the outdoors can become very difficult to house train. :eek:

Yes, I know it's easy for me say as I am set for pups

Not safe for tiny breed to be left outside unsupervised, even in a pen, at this young age.

I paper train my toys inside but do try to put them outside & use the toilet word they are taught, but if its blowing gales & pouring or 45 degrees, its on the paper inside. No problems with them when they go. They know the toilet word & understand.

Thick newspaper at one end of the pen & put edges of pen over it. They still play the rip it game at some stage though :rofl: I tried the puppy pee pads & stuck them down with double sided tape, as someone posted it worked for them.

Lucky I checked 10 mins later. 6 funny puppies looking so confused gazed up at me.

All with their mouths stuck together with chewed double sided tape. :D

Often puppies that are not put out to learn to use the outdoors can become very difficult to house train. :)

Yes, I know it's easy for me say as I am set for pups

Not safe for tiny breed to be left outside unsupervised, even in a pen, at this young age.

I paper train my toys inside but do try to put them outside & use the toilet word they are taught, but if its blowing gales & pouring or 45 degrees, its on the paper inside. No problems with them when they go. They know the toilet word & understand.

Thick newspaper at one end of the pen & put edges of pen over it. They still play the rip it game at some stage though :love: I tried the puppy pee pads & stuck them down with double sided tape, as someone posted it worked for them.

Lucky I checked 10 mins later. 6 funny puppies looking so confused gazed up at me.

All with their mouths stuck together with chewed double sided tape. :)

Why carn't they go outside?. What has size to do with it. ;)

Plenty of Chi's go out side.

As long as they are in a safe and secure pen and in a safe area they may go out side.

Don't forget I have Italian Greyhounds to. :rofl: