Rspca Is Not Doing What Is Best For The Animals, People Or Community

DMA

This is a video, which surfaced at Youtube today (Thursday), by a local Hunter Valley "Dog Whisperer" called Nathan Barnes. He has come out hitting with a massive claim covering various issues in respect to the RSPCA in general & likewise in respect to the RSPCA facility at Rutherford in NSW.

To quote from the Youtube page

Dear members of the animals loving public,

Enough is Enough RSPCA..., you can not continue to breach the laws you enforce,... make up illegal policies, misappropriate money donated to you,... unjustly remove staff / volunteers or members of the public, without reason or consequence from the community who fund your organisation.

My name is Nathan Barnes, speaking to you with grave concern for the animals and ANYONE who is associated or involved in the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals otherwise know as (RSPCA).

Please do not think that I hate the RSPCA or have any hidden agenda, I just want them to be accountable for their actions.

People may not know this but the have NO governing body at any level, Local, State or Federal who they have to justify ANYTHING too. They are Autonomous.

Considering all the money and responsibility the RSPCA have with no one to answer to, this should be looked at.

To view the video in question follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtz-vYKlXk

This is a video, which surfaced at Youtube today (Thursday), by a local Hunter Valley "Dog Whisperer" called Nathan Barnes. He has come out hitting with a massive claim covering various issues in respect to the RSPCA in general & likewise in respect to the RSPCA facility at Rutherford in NSW.

To quote from the Youtube page

Dear members of the animals loving public,

Enough is Enough RSPCA..., you can not continue to breach the laws you enforce,... make up illegal policies, misappropriate money donated to you,... unjustly remove staff / volunteers or members of the public, without reason or consequence from the community who fund your organisation.

My name is Nathan Barnes, speaking to you with grave concern for the animals and ANYONE who is associated or involved in the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals otherwise know as (RSPCA).

Please do not think that I hate the RSPCA or have any hidden agenda, I just want them to be accountable for their actions.

People may not know this but the have NO governing body at any level, Local, State or Federal who they have to justify ANYTHING too. They are Autonomous.

Considering all the money and responsibility the RSPCA have with no one to answer to, this should be looked at.

To view the video in question follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtz-vYKlXk

Yes, very interesting-if you click on Dog Rescue (General Rescue Discussion) forum, there has been quite a few comments posted regarding this.

I think I read somebody's post as saying Nathan Barnes had a lot of guts to be a whistleblower, which I think he has for sure.

Interesting topic, but do we really need 3 threads on it?

Only because there are people who stick to different areas at DOL. I know I don't venture into the General Dog Discussion section, for example, & others don't go to the General Rescue Discussion section...

I probably wouldn't have been aware of it had it not been posted here.

I haven't watched the YouTube yet as I need to leave to an appointment, but by the sounds of it I say "good on you Nathan". So long as things stick to the facts and not get lost in hysterical propaganda (something that some orgs haven't necessarily been innocent of) then I expect Nathan can stand proud for the movement he's trying to establish.

MDBA also are running a petition - not against RSPCA but to have RSPCA accountable to someone or somebody other than nobody. And if RSPCA are doing nothing incorrectly and everything in favour of animal welfare, then from what I can think it shouldn't have any objections to this move.

Edited by Erny

Thank god someone has finally spoken up! I turned down a job with the RSPCA about 6 yrs ago and to this day am very glad I did. The things they do there are unspeakable. So many animals die there because of their bs policies and never get the chance they deserve. This bloke should get a medal. :shrug: