New Puppy And Shade

missmoo

Hey,

We ll the new fur kid will be home next week. We have pretty much everything we need now or it is on the way. What we don't have is some type of portable shade. We have a puppy pen that we plan to use outside for some of the time but we need to some sort of portable gazebo/shade dome so she can be out of the sun....

does anyone know where we can buy a cheapie or have any ideas on how to make one....it will have to one that doesn't attach to a decking or fence..so will need to be one that we can peg into the grass.

thanks in advance

MM :D

I bought one in January from the Reject Shop- cost me $30. My best friend (who is a lot more handy than me) reinforced in with duct tape around the joins, and then wired the legs to short steel posts. It may rot, but it sure won't blow away! :laugh: Shame it's not waterproof though. BCF has waterproof gazebo thingies, but they are much more expensive.

We bought a beach shade - which is like a half a tent, from an op shop for $5. We use it down the beach and camping but depending on the height/size of your puppy pen you could rig one up around part of it to give extra shade and rain protection as they are quite high and long. They are designed to withstand some wind and they can be pegged into the ground as well. If you have an Anaconda nearby I think they have them in their current catalogue new for about $20? You could go and have a look at one set up and see if it would suit? My other suggestion is to look for old tents at an op shop or on ebay as the top of a dome tent with the flexi-poles, pegs and tie down bits might also be a cheap option. They don't resell for much.