Lamb Necks?

Great, next time I'm down there I'll pick up a couple for her to try.

ETA - they were $1.50 each, but quite a big size, so they looked pretty good value to me. I don't know what others pay.

Edited by Michelleva

I checked the price of lamb necks at one butcher here. They are $10.99 a kilo. Obviously they don't class them as "pet food". A few years ago I bought some from another butcher, who has since closed down. From memory he would sell them for a couple dollars.

I just saw these at the local butcher, they were pretty cheap and looked quite meaty. I don't know if they would be too big for my sheltie though, does anyone else feed them?

I wonder if the butcher could cut them in half?

our local butcher cuts them length ways and I freeze them. Also Tasman Meats in Victoria sells them $3.99 for 2 halfs...I cut those in half again and our staffies have 1 piece every couple of days, there isnt much left after...lol

I'm a little comcerned if the butcher cuts them too small as the smaller bones could get stuck in the throat of an "enthusiastic" eater (like my female who inhails her food). On hot days my dogs love the frozen necks.

I also get beef shin bones, cut lenght ways again, for them. It saves the brooms etc from being distroyed.

Cheers

Kerry