Ozentries

Pockets

old habits die hard, give it a real go for at least 12 months & watch all the critics get on board, before long it will be the prefered method for show entries.

[quote name='brentland' date='3rd Mar 2011 - 07:31 PM' post='5181760'

Some Victorian clubs have already used it - as I already said - with limited success. Melbourne Dog Club used it last year - only had about 40 dogs entered that way - to the best of my recollection... Might have been the year before... they all run together nowdays! LOL

I think some of the Gippsland shows have used it too..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozentries could be twice as expensive and I'd still use it whenever it was available for a show of interest to me.

It's good to have the choice - those who don't want to pay the extra dollars and have the time can do postal entries.

Those of us who value time and convenience very highly and don't find the cost of shows entries an issue (the entry is probably the lowest of the various expenses I fork out to show) can go the on-line route. Best of both worlds.

Then again, the whole thing could've been done in-house by ANKC and its controlling bodies and made a standard, simple method of entering with data entered connected to the pedigree database!

CC

It could have been, but it wasn't, so that doesn't take us very far. You can grow old waiting for 'could'ves'. I'd rather take advantage of what is in front of me.

$1 per entry, plus the mailing fee (65c or something last time I looked?), plus the credit card surcharge. Yes it adds up, but its the convenience you are paying for. To some people thats is priceless!

In NSW anyway the mailing fee is a saving because for a manual entry you have to supply two stamps. One to post your entries there, and one on the stamped, self-addressed envelope that you enclose to get your numbers back. Would be different in states where you pick your numbers up on the day I guess.

It is not cheaper (Online entries) for either the exhibitor or the club, and with some of you saying that you don't have

a chq book - there are people who don't have credit cards either - and possibly those who would not wish to put

entries on a credit card.

No one is saying to have Ozentries as the only way to enter but to at least have it as an option!

Those who wish to pay the old way still can but for others who don't have 5-6 dogs and where it's certainly more convenient and cheaper to do it online can do so.

Some Victorian clubs have already used it - as I already said - with limited success. Melbourne Dog Club used it last year - only had about 40 dogs entered that way - to the best of my recollection... Might have been the year before... they all run together nowdays! LOL

I think some of the Gippsland shows have used it too..

I seem to recall Bairnsdale might have last year.

I love Ozentries but hate it when I've paid for postage and the clubs don't post out numbers. Its not like you get a refund. If they aren't intending to post, they shouldn't charge the fee.

I have used OzEntries once I think for a standard show (I also used it for the recent DOGS QLD Virtual show) and that was the Bulla Autumn double in 2010. For 2 dogs entered in 2 shows I think it was close to $50 in total but the entries were high (maybe $12 each) and I had my numbers posted to me. So at approx $25 per show for the 2 entries is not, in my opinion, that bad. It is an extra I am willing to pay (each cheque is $2, postage is .60 per stamp, then the cost of envelopes, paper, printer ink etc so it is probably quite similar really).

Recently entered 5 shows for Noorat weekend- 3 dogs each show. It cost me $165 in entries, plus $30 camping. I used 4 separate cheques, 3 envelopes/stamps to send TO the secretaries and 5 stamped return envelopes (as I was informed the year before last I needed to send a separate envelope for each SHOW, not each club), so that is $8 in cheques, $4.80 in stamps. I would have been happy to pay even $20 more on my entry to have done it instantly (also would have preferred to do it online to be certain all my entries would reach the sec in time as I have to take the Friday off work which means lost $$$ and have to arrange care for our other pets etc).

No, one one is forcing me to enter these shows but I would happily choose to pay a bit extra even if it were 2 or 3 dollars per dog to use the service. Plus, I can do it from work or wherever. Much more convenient.