Keeping Newborn Pups Cool

**Super_Dogs**

In Brisbane tomorrow it is going to be a hot one. I have 8 Labrador puppies that are 6 days old and no air conditioning.

I have a ceiling fan on and a pedestal fan on going over the top of the whelping box (not directly on the puppies). I have also been putting a damp towel down. This has been enough for the last few days but I don't think this will be enough it any hotter.

Any other suggestions?

Ice bricks, wrapped inside pillow cases. The pups will line up along the sides of them. Dot them around the whelping box.

Or if you dont have ice bricks, bottles of water into the freezer tonight, will do the same job.

Edited by Rysup

In Brisbane tomorrow it is going to be a hot one. I have 8 Labrador puppies that are 6 days old and no air conditioning.

I have a ceiling fan on and a pedestal fan on going over the top of the whelping box (not directly on the puppies). I have also been putting a damp towel down. This has been enough for the last few days but I don't think this will be enough it any hotter.

Any other suggestions?

Frozen half filled hot water bottles are also good with too!

Any other suggestions?

We put a couple of ceramic floor tiles in our whelping box over summer. They loved it.