British Bulldog From Tassie Moving To Gold Coast

Hope Richardson

Hello, I am from Tasmania and I am thinking about moving to the gold coast but I have a one year old male British bulldog, would he handle the qld heat? If I was to move it would be in winter! Im not moving without him so if he wouldn’t be able to handle it im going moving there.

Also does anyone know of any web sites where I can look at houses/apartments that allow dogs?

Thanks

I've got 2 french bulldogs and they cope fine in the Brissie summer. They have access to lots of water, shade and a clam shell pool (which is in the shade). During the day when we are at work or out they are outside and cope fine. Some people will tell you that they need to be in the air-con, but the most we've ever done is leave a pedestal fan on blowing over their outside bed on really hot days.

Can't help on the accommodation search.

I would be interested to hear what breed fanciers say as the British Bulldog is twice as heavy as the French version & I would have thought that the humidity would knock them around. :)

However, my main reason for posting is to alert you to this site : Pet Friendly Rentals :laugh:

thats what i was thinking and thanks for the site......i dont know what to do, i dont want to take him over there and them him suffer. :laugh:

I would be interested to hear what breed fanciers say as the British Bulldog is twice as heavy as the French version & I would have thought that the humidity would knock them around. :)

However, my main reason for posting is to alert you to this site : Pet Friendly Rentals :laugh:

thats what i was thinking and thanks for the site......i dont know what to do, i dont want to take him over there and them him suffer. :laugh:

They are still a braccy breed and have the same concerns regarding heat stress.

It's all a matter of being sensible... you don't exercise during the heat of the day (meaning early morning or evening walks) and you make sure the dog has ways to keep itself cool.

Is your dog a good clear breather or does it struggle with heat stress in Tassie???

I've seen BB's in Brissie, so it's not like they can't live here. Maybe send Stonebridge a PM or post in the Breed Subforum in the BB thread and see what the owners there say.

I've seen BBs around too. My pug copes fine, though if I am feeling the heat - she does too. A/C will be important - for both of you :) I guess there might be an adjustment period, just because he's not used to it. You'll also find that keeping him lean will play a big part in how he handles the heat. Although like Sparky says, it all depends on how he handles the heat down in Tassie too.

I've seen BBs around too. My pug copes fine, though if I am feeling the heat - she does too. A/C will be important - for both of you :) I guess there might be an adjustment period, just because he's not used to it. You'll also find that keeping him lean will play a big part in how he handles the heat. Although like Sparky says, it all depends on how he handles the heat down in Tassie too.

he is fine with the heat down here until he starts jumping around a carrying on like i pup....the heat here is alot different to the gold coast i couldnt believe the difference in the heat when i was there a few weeks ago!!! AC is very important the apartment i stayed in didnt have it and i wanted to die it was that hot.lol