No Double Points For Class In Breed Wins In Risingstar

Keshwar

Just entered the results for my boys wins at the Canberra Royal - one of the few shows in our area that will have over a 1000 entries and when I submitted the results got this message:

"1000 dogs or over - No Double Points for Class of Breed win"

IMO this makes it just about impossible for anyone outside of Sydney or Melbourne to have any chance of doing well in the point score.

Very unhappy.

Edited by Keshwar

I give up.

Last year all the country people complained to us that the 'city' folk could easily win with all their double points for class of breed wins at shows over 750 (as according to them the class of breed rarely had any extra competition).

We saw merit in their suggestion and hence we then made changes to help the 'country people' by removing the class of breed wins and also upping the level to 1000 so that far less shows now get double points and now they still complain.

Entering the pointscore is not compulsory.

A lot of people have chosen to not enter this year and we fully support them as the whole thing is about choice.

I give up.

Last year all the country people complained to us that the 'city' folk could easily win with all their double points for class of breed wins at shows over 750 (as according to them the class of breed rarely had any extra competition).

We saw merit in their suggestion and hence we then made changes to help the 'country people' by removing the class of breed wins and also upping the level to 1000 so that far less shows now get double points and now they still complain.

A lot of people have chosen to not enter this year and we fully support them as the whole thing is about choice.

Troy,

I guess my issue was that I only discovered this after entering my results. It not immediately obvious that this is the case.

Perhaps if there was a statement, saying "does not apply to class in breed", on the results entry page under Rising star where it currently states:

<-- Tick box if total entry was 1000 dogs or greater

(Double points apply for shows with entries of 1000 dogs or greater).

I give up.

Troy,

I guess my issue was that I only discovered this after entering my results. It not immediately obvious that this is the case.

Perhaps if there was a statement, saying "does not apply to class in breed", on the results entry page under Rising star where it currently states:

<-- Tick box if total entry was 1000 dogs or greater

(Double points apply for shows with entries of 1000 dogs or greater).

Perhaps you should consider reading the rules prior to entering the competition each year. There was a discussion about the updates to the rules once they were posted for all to see.

IMO you have nothing to take issue with when you enter a competition blindly without knowing the rules in full first.

ETA: Not sure how much clearer it can be than this

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/showdog2011/r..._risingstar.asp

Red writing with a little "New" icon next to it.

Edited by -Megz-

Just entered the results for my boys wins at the Canberra Royal - one of the few shows in our area that will have over a 1000 entries and when I submitted the results got this message:

"1000 dogs or over - No Double Points for Class of Breed win"

IMO this makes it just about impossible for anyone outside of Sydney or Melbourne to have any chance of doing well in the point score.

Very unhappy.

It is very difficult to get a class in show with over 1,000 entries and they do deserve the double points for that.

It is very difficult to get a class in show with over 1,000 entries and they do deserve the double points for that.

No double points for Class in Breed surely does not mean no double points for Class in Show?

She didn't say it doesn't, just that if a person gets a In Show with 1000+ entries they deserve the double points.