How Do Get Rid Of Ants Safely Around A Dog

Kobi'sDaisy

Just wondering if anyone had any tips on getting rid of ants in the back yard? Our rental is full of ant hills! Is 'rid' or any other products safe to use around dogs? We have an 11 week old puppy that loves to eat everything so worried he will ingest poison.

It wasn't so bad but gave him his first beef bone today and as it takes him a LOT longer to eat the meat off it got covered in SO many ants!

Any help would be great!!

Ant rid is considered safe around pets as the concentration of poison means they would have to ingest huge concentrations for it to cause a toxicity.

My cats have been quite attacted to it in the past to no ill effect, having said that I blocked their access to it once they showed their liking for it. I think it can cause stomach upsets if enough is eaten, I would imagine a pup getting hold of a bottle of it and having a good chew could be enough to see them on a bland diet for a few days.

A no chemicals household hint book I have suggests putting a honey filled jar away from where you want the ants to be then putting a few honey trails leading up to it. The ants will go to the jar. Follow the trail back and pour boiling water where the ants are coming from to kill the nest.