Dog Noises

sandgrubber

When my guys play indoor mouthy games they often make loud, non-barking noises that are pretty hard to describe. I'd love to record these and start a thread where we could share the various sounds our various dogs make. But I don't think we can attach sound-format files.

Does anyone else want to share recordings . . . or have a suggestion about how to do it?

Guest english.ivy

No suggestions but my Pointer makes the most annoying high pitched barky/whingy sounds when he plays mouthy games with my OH dogs. The sound could come close to bursting an ear drum, I can assure you he is playing! I've stood there and watched him many times as the first time I thought he was being eaten :thumbsup:

Though he seems to not do it so often now, maybe it was a I'm an annoying puppy and I'm going to annoy the sh*t out of you play sound.

The only thing I could think of was via YouTube?

One of mine made a play sound like a singing humpback whale speeded up as a puppy :thumbsup: I heard it for the first time in ages the other day, she is getting too old for it but must have been revisiting her puppyhood. I love those 'wtf?' things they do.

Edited by Diva

when my Digby boy is scared he cries.

When its something that is really frightening he will cry in such a way that it sounds like "mumma mumma!"

its a quite a spectacle coming from a giant black dog!

He is really vocal when playing too.

and he whines, high pitched, when he knows walkies are in his future :confused:

with my dane when she lays down on her cushy alpaca bed she groans in a "this feels so good" kind of way. Its very cute.