My Dog & Neighbours

Spudd

I have a 6 months old puppy who stay outside for a few hours during the day. The neighbours are usually home during the day and I was wondering if there is a nice way to ask them if they feed our dog sometimes. We have only been living at that house for 4 or so months and have only quickly spoke to the neighbours twice. She offered lemon from her lemon tree and we said “no thanks” nicely. The other day i saw her husband and he said Hi, i just asked him if Spudd barks at all and he said no...

The fence is pretty high and if they do feed him they would have to throw the food over the fence. Their cloth line is right by the fence so Spudd can see half of their head when they get close to the fence. I was just wondering because he has had diarrhea twice. Last Saturday and yesterday.

(We took him to the vet, he is fine.)

ask them if they've noticed anyone throwing anything over the fence lately as your dog has been sick and he's needed a couple of vet visits. Just add his stomach is really sensitive, he needs a special diet etc etc

Roundabout way of getting the point across if they fess up or not and you're not directly accusing them :thumbsup:

What makes you think they are feeding him?? I wouldnt assume because he's got the runs that they are feeding him. As Christina said unsupervised he could even be eating bird poop or any other kind of rubbish he finds on the ground. Puppies are funny creatures - eating all manner of disgusting things (adult dogs even do it! LOL)

I do hope though that your puppy doesn't get ill again.

Check that the pup hasn't got any "still" water in old pots etc, that can make them ill too, ours got sick from drinking from the pond. Don't forget magpies and other birds sometime drop their meals in flight.....I found a lovely mummified rat once. I was convinced that the neighbour was throwing bones over the fence at one point until a bird started bashing it's feast on the gutter, glad I hadn't said anything.

At that age spending a few hours in the garden alone he could eat anything.

It may be something that is already lying around there that he is chewing on or ingesting.

And you have a breed that will try to eat anything!

Hope Spudd's OK. We didn't see you at the beach today :)

Spudd is ok now :) we had a big Friday night, went to Grange beach yesterday with his Jack Russell girlfriends :)

Thanks every one for your suggestions, the vet said it could be any thing, he has been eating cat's poo and chewing his wooden kennel even tho i sprayed it with Tru-Blue Stop-Chew.. maybe he had a bad reaction to it. I also spoke to his breeder and she asked maybe the neighbours are feeding him every now and then.. she also said that Hill's have changed their recipe and the vet said same thing, so we decided to slowely change to Royal canin.. he loves it!