Rat Poison In Park

ravenau1

Hi all

I was walking home from the bus stop just now and I cut through a little park near home and saw three packs of rat poison at varying intervals. I just popped back with a plastic bag and picked them up but I'm now worried that there are more that I didn't see and there are a lot of dogs that go through that park, not to mention kids!

Who should I contact about it? The council, or the police?

Scary!

If you call the police they may advise it is a council issue. Make sure you are clear if it looks like it was deliberte and that there may be more there, however to me it does not sound like a police matter - how do you know the poision wasn't put there by accident?

If you call the police they may advise it is a council issue. Make sure you are clear if it looks like it was deliberte and that there may be more there, however to me it does not sound like a police matter - how do you know the poision wasn't put there by accident?

Just wondering how someone could accidentally put three packs of rat poison in a park. Sounds like a deliberate action to me.

I called the council and they are sending the ranger out and took my details. They said that they may contact the police. I don't know if it's deliberate or not, the poison was in these little paper sachet type things and spread across quite a large area but they are clearly marked as being poison. I guess it's possible that someone was carrying a box of sachets and some fell out, but it seems unlikely.

ETA: I just found the brand online and apparently they come in packs of 4 or 8, so there could be more around out there.

Edited by ravenau1

Just wondering how someone could accidentally put three packs of rat poison in a park. Sounds like a deliberate action to me.

Just being the devils adovocate and asking the questions the OP is likely to get if they call up the police to report it - they answered it - that it was speard across a large area ect.

I'm glad the OP reported it and that the council is on thier way out :love: - it seems to me like something a ranger would do (i.e search the park for more ratsack).

what area are you in ????????

Sorry, didnt meant to sound rude but read my thread in the general section on 'poison'

Im in Huntingdale so I dont think the 2 are connected ;)

Oh gosh, I just read that thread and I am so sorry :) I lost my last dog, a Malamute named Odin, to poison and it's so very traumatic. I am sorry for your loss :cool:

Do you also have a Border Collie?

Sorry, didnt meant to sound rude but read my thread in the general section on 'poison'

Oh gosh, I just read that thread and I am so sorry :) I lost my last dog, a Malamute named Odin, to poison and it's so very traumatic. I am sorry for your loss :cool:

My son also has the BC. He bought it himself to do obedience with. He figured if he could get that far in obedience with a JRT, he could 'reach the stars' with a BC. He has already skipped beginners and gone to advanced beginners with the pup (on the advice of the trainer) oh! Ive just realised who you are.... Carolyns class??

My son also has the BC. He bought it himself to do obedience with. He figured if he could get that far in obedience with a JRT, he could 'reach the stars' with a BC. He has already skipped beginners and gone to advanced beginners with the pup (on the advice of the trainer) oh! Ive just realised who you are.... Carolyns class??

Yes, I recognised Will in the pic in the other thread. Please pass on mine and Jeremiah's thoughts to him too :( He must be devastated too.

Yes, I recognised Will in the pic in the other thread. Please pass on mine and Jeremiah's thoughts to him too ;) He must be devastated too.

Thank you I will do. He is coping as good as he can. He has the pup to keep him busy but the pup is not Jakey. :cool: He said he is going to take the pup as high as he can as a legacy to Jake. :)

ETA sorry for your loss of Odin. :(

Edited by joelle