Food Aggression In Puppies

BC Crazy

anything other foods/treats I am able to take them out of her mouth when ever I please & I give them straight back to her & praise her,

stop doing this. No wonder your dog is crazy of high value raw items. When a dog is eating dont fiddle with the food or put your hand near its mouth.

If you want to start with raw items again chop up some meat/necks and use it as treat rewards which you hand feed with the other animals out of the room in order to decrease anxiety. But going off this and your leash walking problems I'd say invest in someome to come help start you both on the right track

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

just a quick update on Stella. She is going really, really well. We have made tonnes of progress. She is now thriving on it.

I love her to bits.Her lead walking is improving everyday & I have just started clicker training her. She if focusing well on me & is enjoying the outings. We only go a very short distance (maybe two houses or so) & many laps of the lounge room/backyard. Her food guarding has improved amazingly. I have been following what my breeder recommended I do. As the issue was with her high value chic wings only, I give her a wing and then take it off her occasionally & repeat that process & she has never growled / bared teeth / e.t.c again. I am never complacent with the issue though & will continue to work with her on this.Thanks to everyone who had positive feedback & advice for us, my Stella & I appreciate it. :love: