Trying To Find Bulldog Puppies For Sale , For A Friend

staffylover

Hi guys,

I have a friend who is after a bulldog puppy! She has been searching for a VERY long time for "the right one" to come along, but more importantly, one that is in her price range. APPARANTLY, they mostly go for around the $4000 mark,and she just can not afford to spend that much (understandably).

She has found ones advertised at $400 each, but isnt too sure that they're legit.

After my recent trouble with buying a puppy online- i have warned her that she should tread VERY carefully before making any rash decisions about purchasing these pups.

So anyway, long story short- Does anyone have any bulldog puppies for sale in or around the Brissy area? Preferably under 2 grand (if thats not too unreasonable?)

like i said, im asking for a friend, so i know next to NOTHING about this breed, so im trusting you guys to help me out with any info!!

thanks in advance,

SL xox

I suggest she goes to some shows to meet some breeders and their dogs and ask them about prices and availability. I have heard of Bulldogs costing $2000 - $2500 but never $4000. To get a well bred healthy puppy she will probably need to be prepared to wait once she finds a breeder she likes. Breeders of really good dogs, in not so common breeds, usually have their litters pretty much sold by the time they are born.

Edited to add. No one could produce a healthy BB puppy for $400. Tell her to give that one a miss.

Edited by dancinbcs

I suggest she goes to some shows to meet some breeders and their dogs and ask them about prices and availability. I have heard of Bulldogs costing $2000 - $2500 but never $4000. To get a well bred healthy puppy she will probably need to be prepared to wait once she finds a breeder she likes. Breeders of really good dogs, in not so common breeds, usually have their litters pretty much sold by the time they are born.

thanks for your reply!!

yeah like i said, i have no idea about how much this breed "should" go for. I also thought $4000 was a bit steep too, but apparantly thats what other breeders are selling them for *shrugs*.

I just thought someone on here might be able to tell me if this was a realistic price for a bulldog, or if she's just looking in the wrong places!

Have recieved a pm from someone with some details on a breeder, so i have passed that info on. Hopefully they can point her in the right direction!!!

Thanks again :rofl:

Just checked out the puppy ads on here and they range up to $3500 on main register but there are some older dogs for as little as a $1000. There is one puppy with a Ch mum and Gr Ch dad for $3000 on limit, so a pet puppy should probably be somewhere from $2000 - $3000. I doubt she will get one under $2000.

Please get your friend to attend some shows. There is a Bulldog show at Durack on the 30th of April.

There is also the Queensland Bulldog Club to contact. Details are on the Bulldog breed page on DOL.

They will have to save their pennies though.

There are some great breeders out there. I am not breeding at the moment and havent for a few years but should your friend wish to ask questions feel free to PM me and I will see if I can help.

The MOST important thing I can stress with finding a breeder is research research research. Dont just go with one breeder at this stage. Talk to a few. Find out all they can about the breed, health requirements, feeding, general care etc.

Be prepared for these new puppy owners to also be asked many questions about their lifestyle, their ability to care for a Bulldog for its lifetime.

Best of luck

:rofl:

How about getting a mature one?

I have a freind who wanted one for ages, got to know a breeder, and then one of her pups was comming back, owners were moving into a unit, and she recommended my friend, he got an eight month old lovely boy for nothing.

And the breeder has been great back up for him, he goes there when my frind works away.

I recently bought a mature dog from a breeder too, just didn't want a pup, and didn't have the price tag money either for one, its a great way of getting a well bred dog from great breeders. :rofl: