Heeling

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how far away from you this is but there is a seminar being held in Albury with Sue Hogben (a positive trainer) titled "A Weekend of Obedience from CCD to UDX". on the 21st and 22nd May this year. I believe there are still positions available for observers on both days. If you can get there even for one day it may help you out. If you're interested I can send you more details.

Edit: I don't know Sue and I've not seen her train but I know of people who hold her in high regard.

I have done a google search for this and can't find out about it-can you post details here please.

:laugh: Will you WA guys jsut stop rubbing it in. The phrase NOT FAIR springs to mind - and yes, I am shouting. :laugh:

@JulesP - it's only about 4 hours from you if you go up the back way :thanks: .

@Sue & Cindy - if it's the Albury and Border KC, they don't seem to ahve a website, but the phone number appears to be

Eames Street

Albury 2640

(02) 6041 5395

You could always try ruiging there if Jigsaw doesn't get back to you.

Sue Hogben is positively inspirational as a trainer and trialler.

And she has Golden Retrievers!

Unfortunately she lost Spinner last year :laugh: but she has tollers and Aussies :thanks: and yes inspirational is a great way to describe what she does.

Yep rubbing it in Tassie - but she was a great help on Monday when Moos UDX work again went haywire - can't thank her enough.

Rubystar I will get together with bedazzled and organise a seminar soon :laugh: have just been a little busy of late.

This is the best I can do cut and paste! I think all Participant spots are filled but best to make enquiries to make sure.

Albury & Border Kennel Club Inc.

Proudly Presents

A Weekend Of Obedience

From CCD To UDX

With Sue Hogben

Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd may 2011

Albury Kennel Club grounds

EameS Street North Albury

Saturday 21st May 2011

Registration – 8am

Start – 9am sharp

Building a Training Partnership, Competition Heelwork & Heelwork Problems, Reinforcement/foundation exercises, Building strong recalls, Building self control for stays, Problem solving CCD/Novice (excluding heelwork)

Sunday 22nd May 2011

Registration – 8am

Start – 9am sharp

Two Food Game, Building Speedy Response To Cues (for things like drop on recall, change of position, positions in motion and heel positions) Introducing Scent work, Starting Retrieves, Fun Exercises for Puppies. Problem Solving CDX to UDX. (excluding heelwork)

Both days will include morning & afternoon tea and lunch.

Please bring a chair, heaps of treats, and your dogs favourite reinforcement (tug/toy etc.) All dogs to be crated or confined by some means, so as not to interfere with dogs working.

Fees

Weekend Participant - $150.00

(ABKC members-$120.00)

Weekend Observer - $130.00

(ABKC members - $100.00)

Single Day Participant - $80.00

Single Day Observer - $70.00

Fees Include – Notes, Morning & Afternoon Teas & Lunch, Both Days

Enquiries to: Sam Field

Phone 0260255888 or email [email protected]

A Weekend Of Obedience

From CCD To UDX

With Sue Hogben

Registration – 8am

Sam who is organising this seminar is a very experienced trialling person, she is currently competing with her Aussie Shepherd and has her open title and is about to hit the UD ring. She has been around for a long time, and her and her husband have done a lot for the sport :thanks:

A Weekend Of Obedience

From CCD To UDX

With Sue Hogben

Registration – 8am

Sam who is organising this seminar is a very experienced trialling person, she is currently competing with her Aussie Shepherd and has her open title and is about to hit the UD ring. She has been around for a long time, and her and her husband have done a lot for the sport :)

Ptolomy do you know what Sue's travel plans are? Is she just coming down/across? for this one weekend?

Yes Jules P she will be there just for that weekend :(

Damn! Thanks for asking.

:thumbsup: JulesP - bet you and I were having the same thoughts. :cry:

An extra clinic somewhere closer to home? :) It is rather hard to get away for a weekend with lots of pets!