Suggestions For A Camera

claireybell

I know this has been done a few times but I really need some help guys. OH and I are after a camera. Our budget is up to $600 (we're hoping cheaper if we get it duty free). The things we are after in a camera are: Quickness - we want to be able to photo's quickly. As in not take apicture wait and then be able to take another. my current digital camera is really slow and I have to wait 6-7 seconds before the camera is ready to take another picture. Action - we onviously have dogs and would like to be to point and shoot and get good pictures.

Any recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated

If you're after a DSLR $600 wont go far. Some point and shoots might not have that shutter lag but I dont know. Can you save a bit more, otherwise look to second hand. Maybe even a DOLer might be upgrading and want to sell a good DSLR.

Edited by Kirislin

I got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 which is a high-end point and shoot. You can use manual settings if you want, or you can just go the auto. I believe you can pick them up around $600 now days. Its a great, easy to use camera that looks like a DSLR :thumbsup:

Another vote for the Panasonic Lumix camera's, great little cameras. I saw recently a single lens kit Canon 1000D (i think) for around $650 somewhere.