Low Fat Training Treats

Burkes

I've switched to Nutro lately, in conjunction with raw meaty bones when I get my hands on some, what would Nutro be classed as? Premium or Super Premium?

Hard to say, it is just a marketing term.

My dogs did well on Nutro, but it does contain wheat. I switched to Black Hawk (no wheat, articial colours or flavours) and they do much better on it (which for me equates to smalller #2's).

I was going to try Black Hawk, but I think Nutro worked out cheaper ;) And it's already bloody expensive :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...I get my Black Hawk delivered to my door for $20 for 3kgs. Nutro is $33 for 3kgs where I live...

If you ask for a sample they give you a huge pack. It lasted a week for me (but then I have two mini schnauzers, not labs).

hmmm...I get my Black Hawk delivered to my door for $20 for 3kgs. Nutro is $33 for 3kgs where I live...

If you ask for a sample they give you a huge pack. It lasted a week for me (but then I have two mini schnauzers, not labs).

I need to buy the 15kg+ bags. 2 Labs and all :) I got Nutro on special for $20 off per bag so bought 2 bags. I might try Black Hawk at some stage. Well, my dogs will, not me!

excuse me but what is a super-premium food :)

i use apple as training treats. very yummy for both the dog and myself lol

If you suspect Mindy has allergies I would use pear instead of apples :) there is a whole thing about foods cross reacting ie if you dog is allergic to birch?? I think it is then apples will cause that same raction. Pear, banana and paw paw are apparently safe fruits to use :wave:

Edited for spelling

Really? wow that's interesting! Is Mason allergic to apples?

I will change to pear and see how we go. she has been quite itchy in the last few days, I think its only because she is on antibiotics that she hasn't gotten an infection again

;)

I've switched to Nutro lately, in conjunction with raw meaty bones when I get my hands on some, what would Nutro be classed as? Premium or Super Premium?

My dogs did well on Nutro, but it does contain wheat. I switched to Black Hawk (no wheat, articial colours or flavours) and they do much better on it (which for me equates to smalller #2's).

I was going to try Black Hawk, but I think Nutro worked out cheaper ;) And it's already bloody expensive :)

I changed to BH because it was cheaper than Nutro (which my dogs did well on) but seemed similar ingredient wise, they do well on the BH as well, the lady here sells it for $90 for 20kgs, I usually only get 10kgs at a time which is $48.

I changed to BH because it was cheaper than Nutro (which my dogs did well on) but seemed similar ingredient wise, they do well on the BH as well, the lady here sells it for $90 for 20kgs, I usually only get 10kgs at a time which is $48.

I swear I saw the price quoted higher for 20kg! If it's that price then I might switch. Where do I get it again?

Guest Labradork
I wouldn't call any of the foods you've mentioned appear premium?? They are all very high in fillers. I wouldnt feed my dogs science diet if you paid me. Ep holistic, Artemis are super premium IMO.

Wow... perhaps I should consider some alternatives?!!?! :love:

I was always taught that Science Diet was kinda the "best of the best".

That said, we have noticed the boys itching and they don't have fleas.

I might start a new topic on this and get everyone's opinion!

I was always taught that Science Diet was kinda the "best of the best".

If you were told that by a vet, it's probably because they need to sell their quota :love: Just like when the vet nurse said she'd give me an information booklet on why my 6 month old pup should still be on puppy food until she's 2 (:love:), and handed me an Advance Puppy formula brochure. Ermmm, yeah thanks but no thanks, of course their own brochure is going to talk up their own product on why it's best!