Pet Sitters

chiara

Ok so going off the Imparra pet resort thread... I'm now looking at possibly placing Hugo with a pet sitter at their house... pro and cons anyone?

My thought is if he's in a good pet resort then the worst that can happen he has not much interaction for a week and would possible be bored but he would be safe and fed... obviously we would buy him play time but who knows if that's used or not anyway now i'm thinking what if he gets stressed with all the other dogs barking what if he gets kennel cough... ecc ecc

With the pet sitter the thought was he would be happy if it's the right person but I found usually they have their own pets at home... what if they don't get along... what if the pet sitter is a bad person and lied about what a wonderful time my baby would have with them... there's no way of knowing and no one to rescue him.... sooooo hard to decide!!!!!

Help anyone!!!

Having worked in the kennel industry for more years than I wish to admit to, please may I give you all some advice. :)

What I say is not derogatory in any way and you are all loving caring owners. Thank goodness we have owners like you.

A vast majority of CLASS boarding kennels have more problems with the owners :) than the dogs. :p

I have seen owners go off in tears and the dog has had a wow of a time.

Most kennels are busy and have something going on all the time, from hanging the dog washing on the line to kennel inspections and dogs coming and going.

Depending on the kennel layout the dogs are busy watching whats going on. :eek:

Most dogs at night are happy to go to bed as they have been so busy keeping up with the kennel workings they need a need nights sleep to be able to start all over again in the morning with the kennels daily routine.

Thank you! That's encouraging, we just want our loved pet to be safe and happy, we are looking for a good kennel/pet resort what ever you want to call it we don't really care about the cost and we are happy to travel. Oakway can you recomend any around brisbane, sunshine coast or gold coast. Today we are going to see one in Ipswich.

Thankyou

I always recommend Paws and Whiskers having worked their.

All I can tell you, it is a kennel run by Dog People with the best of ethics.

http://www.pawsandwhiskers.com.au/

Ring and ask for a kennel inspection.

I leave my own dogs there, that's the best recommendation I can give.

Tell the staff of your concerns at the office and also tell them that Jill sent you.