Close Encounter With A Brown Snake

mumtoshelley

Hi everyone today on our walk Shelley and I came accross a juvenile brown snake, Shelley was offlead she was right ontop of it. I yelled out Shelley leave and she backed away from it. I didn't even see it myself till it moved. I didn't see it strike it had its head to the ground the whole time. It just slithered away about a foot from my own feet. This happened about a hour ago, Shelley doesn't have any marks or blood and isn't showing any signs of been bitten. I'm just so glad she listened to me and back away from the snake. Should i be taking her to the vet anyway or is it safe to say that she will be fine.

Hi everyone today on our walk Shelley and I came accross a juvenile brown snake, Shelley was offlead she was right ontop of it. I yelled out Shelley leave and she backed away from it. I didn't even see it myself till it moved. I didn't see it strike it had its head to the ground the whole time. It just slithered away about a foot from my own feet. This happened about a hour ago, Shelley doesn't have any marks or blood and isn't showing any signs of been bitten. I'm just so glad she listened to me and back away from the snake. Should i be taking her to the vet anyway or is it safe to say that she will be fine.

My guess is you'd have seen symptoms by now.

A friend of mine's dog was bitten by a brown and died within 30 minutes. Keep an eye on her though - juveniles are just as, if not more deadly than, adults.