Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

Finally I got a bee!

They are not the best but still. It was funny, I went to the mail box and just happened to have the camera around my neck as we had just come back from the park when all of a sudden I hear buzzzz buzzzz and I instantly knew it was a bee, well I grabbed my camera so quick and found it and went snap snap. :laugh: This is what I ended up with!

file-102.jpg

file-103.jpg

file-104.jpg

file-105.jpg

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful!

How good is the lens for portraits! S awesome, I know mines not 105 but similar at 100, I love it for my action shots too! I'm shooting a netball game tomorrow night for work, might give it a go with the 100mm see what I can come up with!

what are you using for your macro shots?

my old fuji finepix S8000D point/shoot . ... it has a very useful macro function :). I don't know how other macro lenses work ..but with this ..I get to within about 1- 2 cm from my subject ..and it is great fun - a hunt /stalk and capture process. Sometimes it takes a looong time to get them used to having a lens in their faces , literally. :)

I love it.

this one - bee fly , is breakfasting on a thistle :) It took ages to settle down and start feeding again ...

fascinating little critter!

525063_10151093527624007_41065557_n.jpg

Ah ok, wonder why? I thought there wouldn't have been a lot of difference between the 100 and the 105?

Pers that lady bug is amazing, what are you using for your macro shots?

No idea, but it hunts. Side on might be ok, but something moving toward you (shifting focal plane) it is nearly impossible. But that is tough for a lot of lenses. In fact, only my 50mm is ok with that.

Well pers your camera does a great job of macro!

Thats wierd about the 105mm, I know exaclty what you mean though its my 50mm that does it, I used it today with some success, I feel bad because I got it when I got my camera and have used it the least. :laugh: