Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, do you know with that third one, I didnt even realize I had captured the reflection till I put the texture over the top of the photo, its the only one I did texture with at the bug was on the lazer light and it was just plain and boring. :laugh:

Should I be focusing manually? The auto focus seems to have a lot of trouble finding the subject when I am close up. I am so crap at manual focus but I am thinking taking macro shots might soon make me have to learn to use manual. I have trouble seeing whats in focus in the view finder close up but no trouble far away. Admittedly I only had a small window to have a play today as I had to go to work, so lok forward to my days off when I can get out and not have to look for unusual stuff around the boring back yard.

Its great though it really makes you look at things much differently. Like tonight I seen a spider in a web (I really dont like spiders) and I said to my hubby quick get your light there is a spider outside i want to shoot. he was like :eek: you want to shoot a spider you crazy woman. :rofl: As it turned out he complained about me taking to long, the spider shut down and squished himself into a little ball and the photos were awful. it was a big macro fail!! :laugh:

Snook I could have written exactly what you wrote in that post. Glad it's not me then. :laugh: I just can't wait to get a bit more time to have a proper go. I'm still also getting through the Bryan Peterson book, it's great.

And yay me, I figured out how to do a watermark in lightroom, I want to add a little picture to it but haven't figure out what I want it to be yet.

I got the canon 100mm, I'm pretty sure I can manually focus it even if it's in auto, must check that. I noticed if you move slightly the focus changes by itself, it was a little discombobulating. :laugh: Freaked me out a bit to be honest. It's kind of like Magic! :rofl:

Can't wait to try it on some people, the only subjects I have at the moment is the dogs! My OH is getting annoyed every time I point the camera at him now. :laugh:

I got the canon 100mm, I'm pretty sure I can manually focus it even if it's in auto, must check that. I noticed if you move slightly the focus changes by itself, it was a little discombobulating. :laugh: Freaked me out a bit to be honest. It's kind of like Magic! :rofl:

Can't wait to try it on some people, the only subjects I have at the moment is the dogs! My OH is getting annoyed every time I point the camera at him now. :laugh:

there's some lovely photos in here, I'm awake because Tag has just had a fit, so of course I thought I'd check out DOL.

I like the raindrops MnDM. I know what you mean about that lens giving you motion sickness with the IS is turned on, it did that to me too. :laugh:

Tlc, I've got the old version 100mm Canon macro. I love that lens, it's very sharp, I dont really use it for macro much but I use it alot when I go to the beach with the whippet fun days. I've taken alot of good action shots with it. You'll love it on the 7D :thumbsup:

Well I still haven't had much of a chance to get out with the 100mm, so far I havent been hugely impressed with the iQ but I think it is just me. I am having a catch up with a friend and her hubby tomorrow he has just got himself a new 7D so we are going to have a play. I have been using back focus a bit more to see if that helps. I am about to head out to the gardens to see what I can find to do a bit more macro stuff.

These are two I took today just mucking around in the car, just thought they were interesting.

file-139.jpg

file-140.jpg

:eek: I have never seen babies in a web like that, cool shot that mother is so huge!

Some more from me from yesterday arvo, Probably crazy as it was so windy here but I just felt like having a bit more of a play with this lens, haven't had a chance to shoot any people properly with it yet.

file-149.jpg

file-147.jpg

file-153.jpg

file-154.jpg

file-150.jpg

file-151.jpg

file-152.jpg

A few shots from today, I do feel i am getting better now, these were hand held with the 100mm, the first one has a texture added the rest don't.

file-164.jpg

file-163.jpg

file-162.jpg

file-161.jpg

file-160.jpg

I got really excited today as I seen a tiny bee, I waited ages for him to land but he just wouldn't. :laugh:

I am loving Macro, lots of people have said to me I have to use a tripod but I just don't see how you could possibly manoeuvre a tripod around some situations. :confused: I make use of the fence occasionally depends on what I am shooting.

Yea i guess that would be easier than a chunky tripod with it only being one leg, it would be much easier to manoeuvre around. It would be benificial to me as I still have lots of trouble keeping the camera still when i press the shutter.

You're definitely getting the hang of this lens tlc! :thumbsup: I really like the first shot with the white background and the flowers are gorgeous!

I try to lean the camera on something if I can - otherwise I lose a lot of shots to camera shake. :(