Would You Feel Uncomfortable Receiving A Birthday Present For Your Dog

Baileys mum

Hi everyone, I would just like to get some dog/puppy owners views & opinions so that I can make a descision.

I bred my first litter of 8 puppies last year, & it will be their first Birthday in a couple of months time.

I kept one of the boys from the litter & found fantastic homes for the other 7. I am in regular contact with 4 of my puppy people via facebook , email & have even had a home visit from one of my owners & puppy. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the other 3 puppy people have not kept in contact with me other than the first week of taking their puppy home, its a little dissapointing but I don't want to be pushy either, so I only hope that they love their pup & that the puppy is having a great life.

I would like to start putting together a birthday present parcel to send to each of my puppies. I know the 4 owners that keep in contact with me will be delighted to receive the parcel, but I'm not too sure if I should send one to the other 3 pups, as I don't want to look pushy, especially because the owner hasn't kept in contact with me.

I know the 3 pups don't care about being left out, as they are dogs & don't care about birthdays. :thumbsup:

But I personally would care & feel bad about leaving 3 of my pups out as I still love each & every one of them.

So I'm not to sure what to do, Would you feel uncomfortable receiving a Birthday present parcel from your dogs breeder if you haven't kept in contact with them?

Thanks everyone :birthday:

Nicole

Edited by Baileys mum

Perhaps send it this year, and if you get no response then next year make a donation to your animal charity of choice instead for those pups. That way you're recognising the other pups which is important to you and the other pup owners get their presents :thumbsup:

I don't think a once a year contact on the pup's birthday is excessive, providing you're not buying them all swarovski collars or something!

What a lovely idea. One of my breeders sent a xmas present every December and a Valentine's card in Feb - I certainly didnt expect it but always thought it was pretty cute; a bit nutty but still very cute.

Perhaps send it this year, and if you get no response then next year make a donation to your animal charity of choice instead for those pups. That way you're recognising the other pups which is important to you and the other pup owners get their presents :thumbsup:

I don't think a once a year contact on the pup's birthday is excessive, providing you're not buying them all swarovski collars or something!

Thanks I think that's a good idea, :birthday:

I'm not going to go too overboard, I was just thinking of sending them a squeeky toy, some treats like dog biscuits & one of those edible raw hide doggy birthday cards. :thumbsup:

What a lovely idea. One of my breeders sent a xmas present every December and a Valentine's card in Feb - I certainly didnt expect it but always thought it was pretty cute; a bit nutty but still very cute.

Yep I agree I'm probably a bit nutty too raz, all my family & friends are starting to call me the "Crazy dog lady, that lives in the hills" :thumbsup:

Yep I agree I'm probably a bit nutty too raz, all my family & friends are starting to call me the "Crazy dog lady, that lives in the hills" :thumbsup:

I think it's a really nice little touch, BM. I want to buy a puppy from you one day.

I personally would love it, but I would be probably annoying you with never ending emails and photos anyway :thumbsup:

I would do it for their first birthday but as mentioned before if you hear nothing back then I would not send it next year. Sure you don't want to breed Whippets????

I sent a young girl who regularly sends me updates and photos of the puppy she purchased a pink (she'd bought everything pink for her puppy) "snood" and Xmas card (with a Cavalier on it of course :D ) for Christmas last year. She appeared very appreciative and sent me yet more photos, but this time with her little girl wearing the "snood"!

I'll probably send all the puppies a First Birthday card! :laugh:

I did that for my puppies 1st birthday, I also sent them an Christmas card.

I'm in contact with all of mine so did not have the problem of leaving any out.

I made a montage of pictures put to music of all the photos I had taken, plus the ones the new owners had sent me.

I also included some toys, treats and a holiday voucher (reminding them when they go away the dog can stay with me)

I think it's a great idea.

I did that for my puppies 1st birthday, I also sent them an Christmas card.

I'm in contact with all of mine so did not have the problem of leaving any out.

I made a montage of pictures put to music of all the photos I had taken, plus the ones the new owners had sent me.

I also included some toys, treats and a holiday voucher (reminding them when they go away the dog can stay with me)

I think it's a great idea.

Oh wow Sway!! I hope you don't mind if I copy your photo & holiday voucher idea, I love it, great ideas!!! :laugh:

Edited by Baileys mum

Yep I agree I'm probably a bit nutty too raz, all my family & friends are starting to call me the "Crazy dog lady, that lives in the hills" :laugh:

I think it's a really nice little touch, BM. I want to buy a puppy from you one day.

Awwww thanks raz!! :D

Not from me. I was kind of hoping you'd forget that I bred her and I could quielty slip out of the country :laugh: