Photos Of Your Dogs

SkySoaringMagpie

I saw a couple of photos posted online recently that looked pretty ratty - dirty floor, chewed up bed, dogs a bit untidy. Not on DOL, before anyone goes looking.

I can remember thinking that people would draw an unfavourable impression from the photos and I worry about that because the person is a friend of mine who does look after her dogs.

Now there are days when our place is not a show place lord knows. I have a bed destroyer, and the Afghans drop dirt everywhere, and let's just say Friday after work is not a good time to invite older female relatives over. However, I get up OH in a big way if any pictures are posted with even a dusty floor and I don't post photos with mess in them. I dislike Steptoe and Son type outdoor backgrounds too.

Is this me being paranoid, or should people be careful what they put online? Is the answer different if you are a dog professional, a breeder, or you show than if you are "just" a pet owner?

It's not you being paranoid. :D

People should be careful about what they put online.

But unless the place is so filthy that there is a health or safety issue, your opinion might not be wanted. They have to live in it and they don't care. You only have to look at the photo. :)

I post photos of my dog for my dog to be looked at rather than how she is living, I live in the same conditions she does so I don't mind if someone sees my house in a not so spotless condition. Having said that I have seen breeders photos where it appears the dogs are in a kennel and environment which appears to be rather dirty very hard to judge properly by one photo so I try to keep an open mind provided the dog/s look well and happy.