Recommendations For A Squeaky Dog Toy

Ons

My coolie boy had a hamburger squeaky toy which was only about an inch and a half thick, quite round, and had a squeak in the middle, he was obsessed with that toy but I can't find a replacement as unfortunately it got loved too much.

So I'm looking for something else but it must be of good quality and strong as I also have Mr Must Destruct Everything Golden Retriever.

Flashy is only a small coolie, he was a rescue dog and his teeth aren't that good ;) Out of the many toys at our place he only really plays with a teddy (soft and not very wide), a basketball which is squashed and this hamburger toy so I really would like to get him something new. Supermarket toys aren't going to cut it at our place ;) Whilst he occassionally plays with the tuff toys he finds it hard to squeak them and that was the appeal of this other toy

Recommendations please!

thank you

Not great for a big chewer, but the squeaker mats certainly squeak.

(guranteed to drive any human nuts ;) )

post-4872-1297727306_thumb.jpg

The other thing I can highly recommend is a Kyjen Bottle Buddy - you put a empty water bottle inside. Riley just absolutely loves his. It doesn't squeak, but makes a crinkle kind of noise.

post-4872-1297727578_thumb.jpg

Edited by wagsalot

Flash will think those mats look great thanks Wagsalot! Not sure if I think they are great though ;) squeak, squeak, squeak - eek eek eek ;) Do you sell them?

Not sure if a bottle isn't too big for him, I know my other coolie who is only a puppy loves playing with a bottle especially on tiled floors so she may like them. I'll look into them as well.

My coolie boy had a hamburger squeaky toy which was only about an inch and a half thick, quite round, and had a squeak in the middle, he was obsessed with that toy but I can't find a replacement as unfortunately it got loved too much.

So I'm looking for something else but it must be of good quality and strong as I also have Mr Must Destruct Everything Golden Retriever.

Flashy is only a small coolie, he was a rescue dog and his teeth aren't that good :champagne: Out of the many toys at our place he only really plays with a teddy (soft and not very wide), a basketball which is squashed and this hamburger toy so I really would like to get him something new. Supermarket toys aren't going to cut it at our place :kissbetter: Whilst he occassionally plays with the tuff toys he finds it hard to squeak them and that was the appeal of this other toy

Recommendations please!

thank you

Masterpet still distribute the hamburger in a 4 piece combo pack with a hotdog, chop and chicken drumstick. So ask at pet supplies in your area if they stock Masterpet products.

he unfortunately finds balls quite difficult to carry, and I daren't get the small size ones as I have two golden retrievers and worry they would swallow them if I wasn't watching all the time.

but thanks for the suggestions coz indeed the other dogs may like want new toys :kissbetter:

I did find a hamburger but it was really thick so he didn't like it. I'll keep looking but we don't have any petshops near me that I use - three sell live animals and the other one is the one related to Pet Paradise and very very expensive. I do all my ordering of pet stuff on line but I'll do a google when I get home.

I'm thinking that I might take him to the vets for a check up as well. I know that he has trouble chewing things and the vet did tell me that his teeth were bad probably from bad food as a pup or antibiotics when a pup (before he came to live with me). I do give him lots to chew on though because I know it's good for him.

A 'good' cuz ball. As opposed to the 'bad' cuz which has devil ears and harder exterior.

I didn't know this was the difference :cry: I had the bad cuz but left it at my friend's. Flashy never played with it although his golden retreiver sister did. I was intending to get another one for his baby coolie sister as I think she will enjoy it. Flash found it too big :(

lol at LisaKiwi's bad doggies destroying the bad cuz but not the good one :eek:

Our basenji works well as a good squeaky toy, for the huskies :laugh:

:D :) :D

Flash probably says "Mum if you let me catch one of the cats you can save your money on a squeaky toy for me" :D :(:)

I may have done a bit of ordering tonight ;) ;) :rock: a few things from Pet Warehouse, and a few from Wagsalot. I'll see what he likes best and post pictures

thank you everyone for their help :)

Ziggy, is very picky with toys too. Sh will only play with it if its red.

And a while ago, i remember people saying dogs are supposed to be colour blind :rofl:

:D I can believe that! Older dogs all have the same bowl but different colours, Flash has the red one, he knows he is only allowed to eat out of that. Strict feeding order as well, Tilly, onsy then Flash. His mum can be a bit distracted sometimes and puts the red bowl down in front of Tilly and then wonders why Flash starts to follow her around when his food has been put down :rofl: