Jack Russell Markings

woodbyne

Hi

I'm looking at getting my first jack russell pup to show. Two i'm looking at both don't have any markings on the body the head markings look typical but is it acceptable to have all white bodies. Breeder tells me its ok but i really wanted a second opinion

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking at getting my first jack russell pup to show. Two i'm looking at both don't have any markings on the body the head markings look typical but is it acceptable to have all white bodies. Breeder tells me its ok but i really wanted a second opinion

Thanks

My best suggestion would be to read the standard for the Jack Russell.

This is the line most appropriate to your question: Colour: White MUST predominate with black and/or tan markings. The tan markings can be from the lightest tan to the richest tan (chestnut).

Here is the link for the standard http://www.ankc.org.au/Breed_Details.aspx?bid=60

What you have described sounds fine. Classic markings are prefered by many, which is a white body with a tan head and maybe a tan spot at the base of the tail :D .

Yes, I noticed that the pic used for the breed standard is as you described, so I figured that was what was preferred (was going to use "assume" but really hate that word :eek: )