Comfortis Flea Tablets

Burdy

Yesterday my delivery of Comfortis chewable fles treatment tablets arrived :D My Dane has had an ongoing fles problem for the last few months with many tried and tested treatments that all failed to keep the fleas at bay. It was suggested to me that she was maybe just one of those dogs who was prone to fleas as none of my other 4 dogs seemed to have the same problem.

So I gave her the Comfortis which she happily gulped down, she scratched a bit for about half an hour but then seemed to settle. When I went to bed I gave her a quick once over and couldn't see any fleas on her (she is fawn so easy to see them on her) :D it seems to be working.

During the night she work me twice with the noise of her chewing at herself, which in my half asleep ear is a normal noise. This morning she seemed fine when I left for work.

I have just returned from work to find her looking like moths have been feasting on her all day ;) Mainly around her rump and inbetween her legs. There is NO redness or iritation of the skin, no sores or broken areas just chunks of fur missing.

Has anyone ever experienced adverse reactions to comfortis before?

I have her booked in to the vet tomorrow. There have been now other changes for her in the last 24 hours diet or otherwise just the comfortis

It's not uncommon for fleas to go hell for leather when some products, before they die. It happens with Capstar so I would imagine a similar thing could happen with Comfortis. The fleas sort of go into a state of excitement or whatever, as soon as they ingest the chemical and bite bite bite before they get sick and die.

So I would imagine this could have happened and subsequently made her itchy x100 and she's spent the day chewing.

Orbit only needs one bad allergic flare up to go from having a wonderful coat in the morning, so be totally moth eaten by the afternoon.

Check her canines for hairs coming out of her gums. :D If Orbits been having a good chew, I have to clean chunks of hair out from his teeth that have got stuck whilst biting himself

Thanks guys :laugh:

I will still keep her appointment for this afternoon - much rather be safe than sorry.

She was still scratching a bit when we went to bed but settled quickley and didn't hear boo from her all night so hopefully it was just the fleas having their last supper :confused: