New Dog Programme Starts Saturday 5th Feb

Guest Willow

I just saw it listed in the TV guide, it's on at 5pm. I don't know what it's about, but figured being dog people we'd all want to watch the first episode at least!!! :(

Yep Looks like its going to be great!

EXTRAORDINARY AUSTRALIAN DOGS TAKE A LEADING ROLE IN NEW ENLIGHTENING SERIES

Dogs are extraordinary animals, possessing remarkable sensory and physical capabilities way beyond that of humans. To celebrate this, a new series called Eukanuba Extraordinary Dogs will premiere on Saturday 5th February on Channel 7 at 5pm focusing on some of these fascinating aspects including agility, instinct, stamina and healing.

Eukanuba Extraordinary Dogs is a 13 week series exploring the wonderful – and often extraordinary – nature of man’s best friend in a factual, entertainment based format suitable for the whole family. The new series is a compelling and sometimes emotional series profiling dogs from working canines to pets at home and will no doubt appeal to dog lovers the world over.

The series features extraordinary dogs from all over the world including some Australian canines that have been handpicked to take a leading role.

Eukanuba invites you to share an extraordinary story about your dog and if yours is voted the most popular, your dog could feature in Eukanuba’s new print advertisement. Go to www.extraordinarydogs.tv to enter.

Also the YouTube Address http://www.youtube.com/user/EukanubaTVSeries

Just read about the program in the Weekend Australian. They give the time as 4.30 pm....BUT channel 7's being changing time slots because of intensive cyclone coverage. Like, we were watching for Dr Harry's segment on Qld floods & animals in the Better Homes & Gardens show last night. 7.30 pm in the printed guides. But it came on at 9.30pm.

So I'm not surprised Extraordinary Dogs has another listing of 5.00pm.

The WA review says: The most absorbing stories involve assistance dogs, such as the Pups in Prison program run by Assistance Dogs Australia. In a Tasmanian prison, carefully selected inmates are assigned puppies, spending 18 months training the dogs to be a service animal for people with disabilities. Not only does the program provide ADA with trainers with time enough to dedicate themselves to the task, the responsibility & affection of a dog seems to benefit the trainers as well. Also fascinating is an English story about dogs helping people manage their type 1 diabetes.

My doggies were featured on there :eek:

Good for you, you should be proud :eek: ....My Friend (Bettina) an newfie Breeder ( well her parents really) from Belgium, who goes to italy for Rescue Training was also featured with her newfie Vera........I already had a Youtube video of that part.

what a great positive show, showing dogs at work, loved it

Edited by newfsie

They've got a competition that goes with it. People can write a short piece why their own dog is extraordinary, add its pic & then get it rated.

Prizes of food & dog beds.

http://www.eukanuba.com.au/en-AU/extraordinary-dogs.jspx

I thought the program was great. Turned TV on early for 5 pm & it was already going.

The preview in this weekend's Australian, seems to be what's in next Saturday's program.

They've got a competition that goes with it. People can write a short piece why their own dog is extraordinary, add its pic & then get it rated.

I thought the program was great. Turned TV on early for 5 pm & it was already going.

The preview in this weekend's Australian, seems to be what's in next Saturday's program.

Oh :whiteflag: the beds you win are part of their current promotion - buy a big bag of food and get one free. The beds are pretty small :confused: But a years supply of food would be pretty cool

168096_10150122009020135_761800134_7590190_3142301_n.jpg

Loved the program though and great to see dogs at work!

Edited by stormie

You can watch the episode via Yahoo TV Eukanuba Extraordinary Dogs Episode 1

Someone just asked me can the episode be watched online. And you popped up with the answer. :whiteflag:

Thanks!

Stormie, looks like those beds are tibbie-sized. :confused:

I really like the way, the program explained things, like how dogs run, using computerized modelling. And dogs' physiology relating to exertion, which they showed was so different from humans. Gawd, no wonder we get worn out before they do.

Edited by mita

Oh :whiteflag: the beds you win are part of their current promotion - buy a big bag of food and get one free. The beds are pretty small :confused: But a years supply of food would be pretty cool

168096_10150122009020135_761800134_7590190_3142301_n.jpg

Loved the program though and great to see dogs at work!

Hee hee hee! Poor puppy, so hard to get comfy when you're big

Someone just asked me can the episode be watched online. And you popped up with the answer. :whiteflag:

Thanks!

I really like the way, the program explained things, like how dogs run, using computerized modelling. And dogs' physiology relating to exertion, which they showed was so different from humans. Gawd, no wonder we get worn out before they do.

You're welcome! I thought it was great them explaining physiology and exertion too. This is what my husband and I have wracked our brains over for many years running dogs. How to get the best out of them :confused:

Fantastic show, definitely interesting. I do wish it lasted an hour instead of only 30 minutes. :confused: Love the newfies and how stunning are those huskies! Perfect for showcasing the purpose of a variety of breeds.

Next week's episode looks interesting, about the healing power of dogs, dogs who can detect cancer etc. :whiteflag:

Fantastic show, definitely interesting. I do wish it lasted an hour instead of only 30 minutes. :thumbsup: Love the newfies and how stunning are those huskies! Perfect for showcasing the purpose of a variety of breeds.

Next week's episode looks interesting, about the healing power of dogs, dogs who can detect cancer etc. ;)

Yes I was disappointed it didnt go longer too!

I was poking my puppy in the ribs saying "look Sniper, look at what they can do!"

Glad someone else did the same. We were telling our tibbie girls to watch very carefully how the dogs jumped out of the helicopter. Never know when that skill might be needed. :(