Jessie Has Vestibular Syndrome

kirsty79

Thank you so much for the replies. Reading others experiences and seeing light at the end of the tunnel has definitely calmed me down a bit.

We brought Jessie home just for the night yesterday (there is no after hour care at our usual vets). We went to pick her up, and out she came, with a towel held under her tummy, stumbling, I wanted to cry watching her try so hard but clearly getting so confused as to why her legs wouldn’t do want her brain was telling them to do. My beautiful brave girl still greeted me with a brief tail wag. She managed to make it a few steps outside but couldn’t go any further so hubby scooped her up and placed her in the car.

As suggested in this post, we had made up a little pen with lots of bedding and pillows to make sure she was comfy and got plenty of rest. Got her home, and she soon dozed off. During the evening she had a little to drink and eat (hand fed), and we managed to get her up and she even went to the toilet outside :o

This morning she wasn’t interested in the food or water at all. She is back at the vets for observation for the day. Paws crossed, her small amount of progress will continue.

Thank you for your kind words, advice and good wishes :(

Good news!

Jessie stood and walked completely by herself last night! :wave:

Vet is extremely pleased with her progress and me, I feel like all my Christmases have come at once!

That's good news. It's such a relief when those horrible symptoms ease. It must be so scary for dogs to lose their balance and not be able to control their legs and then to have the added feeling of seasickness as well. I kept wishing I could explain to Ruff that the world would stop tipping up and making him fall over and he would feel normal again soon.