Reccomendations For A Behaviourist In Brisbane

LDH

My vet contacted me after they were approached by a client who is considering PTS for a 3 year old male (desexed) great dane x. The dog has apparently displayed aggression to a particular neighbour on two separate occasions one of which involved a bite. I really don't know any more about the circumstances than that but the vet is going to suggest they contact me. I am told the dog has never before displayed this sort of behaviour and is reportedly good with all other people and lives with older children and other dogs without issue. I am also assuming the vet has ruled out a medical issue which might be contributing to this behaviour.

I am told the family consulted Cam Day who told them he couldn't help and they are now desperate.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations as to who I should refer them in Brisbane. Bark Busters? Bonnies?

Thanks in advance for any help :laugh:

Edited by LDH

This sounds familiar, may I ask, does this client have another Dane????

I don't know. The vet mentioned the family has at least one other dog, but I am not sure of the breeds. I have not actually spoken with the dog's owner yet. The vet staff just asked if they could pass my number onto the family (as they know I am involved with rescue) so I thought I would get some knowledgeable advice before they called me ;) If they do have another dane, is there possibly more to this story than I have been told? Perhaps PM me if that's the case... :laugh:

Thanks so much otherwise for the replies, I so appreciate it.