This Little Girl Is Lost -

BoStoNmAdNeSs

Been scanned. Got her name off it but the address is not a correct one (and in a town a long way from here).

Council Ranger suggested keeping her, as did the RSPCA. They have our details. Radio announcements done, door knocked...lots more

Dont trust leaving her at the RSPCA either. Bad experience there once before doing that

I have a feeling legally they have to go to the pound at some point, however when I've been in a similar situation it's been recommended to me to hang on to them for a week and try to find owner (ie. register details at all local vets, council, feed stores, put up flyers everywhere, etc) before taking them in. But if you aren't going to do all tose things then she will be better with a shelter/pound as that is likely where her owners will be looking for her.

Usually at shelters you can ask to be updated as to whether or not the dog is collected if you are interested in adopting them should they not be claimed.

She has been frightened at times. a REAL little smooch bag. SHe doesnt like other dogs too much, well, our motley crew anyhow.

SHes been spoilt rotten. Slept with the youngest girl last night. Eating bloody chicken for dinner tonight.

IN the past the RSPCA didnt follow through with promises or contact when we handed in a dog. You can guess the end result there. We were very distressed.

Last thing we want is another dog at the moment, but also dont want to put her at risk.

She has been frightened at times. a REAL little smooch bag. SHe doesnt like other dogs too much, well, our motley crew anyhow.

SHes been spoilt rotten. Slept with the youngest girl last night. Eating bloody chicken for dinner tonight.

IN the past the RSPCA didnt follow through with promises or contact when we handed in a dog. You can guess the end result there. We were very distressed.Last thing we want is another dog at the moment, but also dont want to put her at risk.

I don't mean to be insensitive to you but she is not your dog and her owner may be looking for her.

IN the past the RSPCA didnt follow through with promises or contact when we handed in a dog. You can guess the end result there. We were very distressed.Last thing we want is another dog at the moment, but also dont want to put her at risk.

I don't mean to be insensitive to you but she is not your dog and her owner may be looking for her.

Bullterr(ific) posted earlier in this thread that he has advised the RSPCA and the Ranger, and both have advised him to hold the dog. As they are aware of what and where the dog is, they can pass on Bullterr(ific)s details to anyone who enquires, so the dog is out of the pound, but the correct authorities are aware there is a lost dog.

Been scanned. Got her name off it but the address is not a correct one (and in a town a long way from here).

Council Ranger suggested keeping her, as did the RSPCA. They have our details. Radio announcements done, door knocked...lots more

Dont trust leaving her at the RSPCA either. Bad experience there once before doing that

Quite often in regional areas, as long as the Council Ranger agrees, people who find a dog and can keep it safely, can be asked to do so. The dog is still listed as 'found' by the Council and the Ranger.

OH's Aunt has foundseveral lost dogs in her relatively isolated area...and because the Pound is so far away, and there is only one Ranger on duty at any one time, she has been asked to keep the dog for a few days.

If an owner rings the Pound, the dog is still listed as being found. Each dog has been returned to it's owner.

I live in Sydney and have kept 2 dogs overnight because the Pound was closed. The Ranger had nowhere to take these two dogs when I rang the Council after hours number early evening the Sunday night before and he asked me, if I had good fencing and somewhere to keep the dogs contained, could I look after them overnight. I kept them in the garage, fed them and looked after them till he arrived next morning at 8.00am...despite one trying to bite me all the time. :eek: They were reunited with the person who was caring for them that day..the owner was overseas at the time.

Bull Terr(ific)....I hope an owner comes forward for her soon. Good on you for looking after her.

Bullterr(ific) posted earlier in this thread that he has advised the RSPCA and the Ranger, and both have advised him to hold the dog. As they are aware of what and where the dog is, they can pass on Bullterr(ific)s details to anyone who enquires, so the dog is out of the pound, but the correct authorities are aware there is a lost dog.

Bull Terr(ific)- It was so late at night when I wrote the above post I obviously didn't read your posts properly. I've also had a dog missing/stolen since Feb last year and sometimes I still wonder why they just don't give her back. Unless she is dead, I don't know. I agree doggy is better off out of the pound. :eek:

It happens in Canberra, too. You can choose to drop the dog at the pound in which case owners can look for it on the "impounded" page or you can keep the dog with you and notify the pound, in which case a listing will show up on the found dogs page with the contact details of the person who found the animal.

This happened to me when we found a cat just last year. The RSPCA were full and were experiencing cat flu at the time and i was advised i could keep the cat at home or it could come in to the pound and would most probably end up being pts as the cat had some serious problems and needed medical attention.

We ended up keeping the cat at home but leaving our details with them and the vet clinics around the area. We had her vaccinated by our vet and she received medical attention. We put up posters all over town but no one came forward for ages. She was unchipped but long story short we ended up tracking down a previous owner who admitted they had at one stage owned the cat but it had gone missing and showed me a picture that was definitely her. They didn't want her anymore and told me i could have her. RSPCA advised if they gave her to me i could keep her which we did. We had her desexed and micro chipped to us and one year later she is now a happy and healthy cat.

She took to living with us (eventually) but still has a fear of strange people and will hide away. She doesn't like Georgia very much as Georgie likes to lick her and she is only a very small cat. She weighs less than 2 kilos and when desexed my vet said she had the uterus of a 6 month old cat. She has a full set of adult teeth and i was told she was missing for over two years and would be somewhere around 4 or 5 years of age.

Well.

The owner said on receiving her little girl back:-

"yeah...shes gone missing before...she gets out through a hole in the fence...usually she comes back. I thought this morning when she hadnt come back that I should ring the RSPCA"

Sat night went missing. Wednesday rang the RSPCA.

:(

Well.

The owner said on receiving her little girl back:-

"yeah...shes gone missing before...she gets out through a hole in the fence...usually she comes back. I thought this morning when she hadnt come back that I should ring the RSPCA"

Sat night went missing. Wednesday rang the RSPCA.

:(

Some people are just so blase about pet ownership. Sadly there's too many people like that out there. :(

GRRRRRR. Owners like that should be shot. Plus they haven't bothered to update her chip details. Heaven only knows how or if they keep track of their skin kids too :cry:

Great job on caring for her until her people finally bothered to look about for her. :rainbowbridge: