Just Got A Lovely Surprise Visitor!

Baileys mum

I just got a lovely surprise about an hour ago.

I was just sitting on my recliner in front of the air conditioner, watching tv & browsing through DoL on the laptop, when the door knocked. Answered the door & there was one of my puppy buyers, with her 9 month old puppy in her arms (my sweet little girl Nellie ) :laugh:

It was such a lovely surprise, I haven't seen any of my babies since they all left (except for photos ) so I was very excited.

She has turned into such a lovely little girl & her owner is very happy with her & totally loves her.

I think she remembered me, as she just kept coming up for cuddles & kept kissing me. She ran around my family room & smelled everywhere like she was remembering the smells from when she was a young puppy.

I brought her brother Jasper inside to reunite them & after they did the usual smell greeting, they quickly started running around the room playing with the toys together like puppies again. :grouphug:

I then brought her mum in & I couldn't believe it but Nellie went straight up to her mum & went looking for one of her teats :) :D I really didn't think that dogs would remember that far back & that the instint to feed of their mum would still be there after all that time.

Brandy seemed to recognise her aswell & they had a little play together too. :rofl:

Now that they are gone, Brandy & Jasper are now pacing up & done whimpering & looking for her. :)

So it was such a lovely surprise & I just wanted to keep her here & not let her go (its amazing the bond you still feel with one of your own pups, even after so much time) I'm so glad she looks so happy & well cared for & I couldn't ask for any thing better than that. :eek:

So they have promised to visit again soon & I have a few other puppy owners that keep saying they will visit soon, so it would be great to get them here all at the same time for a family reunion.

Just thought I would share my excitement & as I am still a very new breeder, this sort of surprise makes me feel very proud & makes all the hard work of breeding/raising a litter very worth while. :eek:

Nicole

Thanks guys,

It was very lovely, even though all my pups left me at 8 weeks old, there is never a day that I don't think of them & wonder how their going... I just love every one of them (I think a breeders bond with their puppies never goes away ) so its just lovely to see one of them again. Photos are lovely, but seeing them in person again is much much better. :grouphug:

Edited by Baileys mum

You should try and plan a first birthday party for them. We did that with our first dog and it was awesome fun... with my current V, we had a 6mth party with my boy and his sister and other assorted V's... It was great!!

That sounds like a lovely idea, there are a couple of owners that don't really keep in contact, but I could organise something with the owners that do. I have been thinking of putting a birthday present parcel together for all pups for their 1st birthday in April, so it would be nice to give it to them in person. :grouphug: