Kintala Puppy Training

mushka

Has anyone been through puppy training at both Kintala and another puppy school - would you be able to tell me how different they were?

I am trying to decide if Kintala is worth traveling 50 minutes to go to.

call petstock Geelong/Corio or North Geelong vet clinic and ask to get into Tina Buttons puppy classes. She's worth travelling for, and she's also an ANKC reg breeder and qualified dog trainer and trialler

Edited by Nekhbet

Has anyone been through puppy training at both Kintala and another puppy school - would you be able to tell me how different they were?

I am trying to decide if Kintala is worth traveling 50 minutes to go to.

I know a few people who have gone through Kintala training and loved it. Are you looking at the one in Melbourne or the at Leopold? Ruth Weston (at Leopold) is excellent and one of the most experienced trainers around but they have many great trainers. I did the Ideal Dogs Course at Barwon Heads a few years ago With Kerry (can't remember her surname) and had some private lesson with Chris in Heidelberg (can't remember his surname either) with a fear aggressive dog even more years ago. I would recommend both instructors. Their methods are positive and excellent with puppies. I took one puppy to the Aberdeen St vet clinic in Geelong with Helen Read and I would also recommend her. My all time favourite puppy school is Scallywag in Ballarat where the Little Learners class has been taken by Kim who trained with Kintala. I have taken my last two puppies there and would go again. I have just tried to find their website and the link no longer works. I hope this just means they are updating their site and not that they have closed down. Good luck. There are some excellent puppy trainers around but also I've heard horror stories about some classes taken by vet nurses who spend most of the time trying to sell products from the surgery while puppies run amok and some with harsh corrections that have left puppies traumatized.

You're in Melb, are you in Western suburbs? I thought you were in Geelong.

I believe they don't accept certain breeds, not sure what you have but best to check if they will accept your pup.

Or certain problems either.

Thank you for the responses - I am in Mordialloc and am quite open to recommendations of puppy schools closer to me that have a similar style to Kintala.

Cheers!

Ooh I'd be interested to see what people recommend too, I'm in Cheltenham and I'll be looking in a few months for somewhere to go.