What Do You Make Of This?

FANG

I didn't read the whole thing, but I've got to say I'm always rather suspicious of anyone who says that "a growing body of scientific evidence" supports their claims - but then doesn't give any references to this evidence! :bottom:

I didn't read the whole thing, but I've got to say I'm always rather suspicious of anyone who says that "a growing body of scientific evidence" supports their claims - but then doesn't give any references to this evidence! :bottom:

I agree, then also this line

Both contain saponins; substances that may be hazardous to your dog's health

Well are they or aren't they hazardous to the health????

Sounds like scare mongering to me.

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=badingredients

I have more respect for this page. It explains why in less frightening terms why something is to be avoided.

I would feed my dog rabbit, but not rabbit food - so not sure what a study on rabbits has to do with dog nutrition.

I would not feed my dog half a kilo of dry dog food either - it's too much. My biggest worry about beet pulp would be the sugar content. Soy in moderation is probably ok.

Hmmm I agree it sounds a bit like scare mongering.

I had a look at their own foods and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable feeding a growing large breed their food with the calcium levels it has. Seems to be a fair bit higher than most other large/giant puppy foods.

Yeah I thought the way it was written was very unscientific and dodgy... the concept made sense though.

What happens if a dog gets too much calcium? I didn't realise that could be bad...