More B***** Fireworks.

Janba

:) :)

I was sitting here quielty weatching some downloaded TV when some one started letting of fireworks and I ended up wearing 2 BCs. They are not bad but don't like them.

I know it is Australia Day but are fireworks really neccessary?

I don't think they're "necessary" but today is one day of the year dog owners should expect them.

I know I should have but I live in a realtively small community. I would have hoped that any fireworks displays might have been at the larger centres - 15 minutes drive away. These sound like they are coming from down the road near the school and it is late for a primary school to have fireworks.

Last night I was coming home saw fireworks in a park near my house. Beauiful show, obviously professional. I came home to a frantic, frothing, fretting shiba on my doorstep who had jumped the unjumpable backyard fence and had thankfully decided to stay within the yard. I have no idea what the fireworks were for but a bit of warning and I would have put the little guy inside :)

I like fireworks. Grew up in Darwin and firecracker night was a highlight of the year. However I really think they should be banned to the general public (too many bogans and horror stories). I think there is a place for public shows but they really do need better warnings. A small mention in a paper is not fair warning to me. I have a dog that goes nuts, I know this. I love fire works. Let me know and I'll make sure he is ok.