2011 Brags Thread

Way to go for Toby and Zora, RV - and so glad the looooong drive to Rocky was worth it for you kathq :thumbsup::cheer:

Rory says he knows what Ruby means about it being too darned hot to work :laugh: . Not that it's hot here of course, but at the tracking trial yesterday it was warmer than it has been, and the sun was out, so it was hard work for a lil big man with a heavy black coat .....

but ..... drum roll - very happy to report that in spite of woffling a bit at the start (my fault) and having a hard time finding the direction on the third corner for a while (that was when he said it was hard work in the warm), he tracked beautifully on the rest of his Test 3 and completed his Tracking Dog title with a grade of Very Good!! I was in awe of him as he just motored along the line of the track - nose down and bum up - good lil man.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well made the trek to Rockhampton (8 hours with the van) which I will call dedication to the cause bit some may call crazy!!!

It was worth it though cause the pocket rocket got her second leg and that UD title is so close we can taste it!

Pretty happy with my girl tonight

Sensational stuff Kath!!!! Looks like Coco preffers to do well at the trials that you need to travel to! Do you have any more trials coming up before you go on holidays???

Sensational stuff Kath!!!! Looks like Coco preffers to do well at the trials that you need to travel to! Do you have any more trials coming up before you go on holidays???

Thanks for the congrats guys,

And yes Nic for a girl who gets very car sick she does seem to be able to get it togethor when we travel. My friend pointed out to me the other day that she has managed to get quallies in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and now Rocky. :laugh::laugh:

Two more trials in the next two weeks - Redcliffe and Toowoomba. Fingers crossed she manages one more for me before we go. When are you leaving must be very soon?

but ..... drum roll - very happy to report that in spite of woffling a bit at the start (my fault) and having a hard time finding the direction on the third corner for a while (that was when he said it was hard work in the warm), he tracked beautifully on the rest of his Test 3 and completed his Tracking Dog title with a grade of Very Good!! I was in awe of him as he just motored along the line of the track - nose down and bum up - good lil man.

Well done Tassie and Rory. As I said on FB time to get some obedience titles now......after you sort out your stays issues ;)

Thanks for the congrats guys,

And yes Nic for a girl who gets very car sick she does seem to be able to get it togethor when we travel. My friend pointed out to me the other day that she has managed to get quallies in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and now Rocky. :laugh::laugh:

Two more trials in the next two weeks - Redcliffe and Toowoomba. Fingers crossed she manages one more for me before we go. When are you leaving must be very soon?

Well given her track record, Toowoomba might be it! LOL Maybe you need to detour and add another hours drive to your trip up there! :-) I'm leaving in 9 days so yes definitely getting close now!

And my little brag is that I might actually make an agility dog out of Ella! We've almost almost almost got 4 weave poles in a straight line and she's starting to look like a dog who can weave! :D

Well done Tassie and Rory. As I said on FB time to get some obedience titles now......after you sort out your stays issues ;)

So when is your next trip to Hobart???? I so need a resident - or even a visiting - guru to help. But we're making progress, little by little.

;)

Ava got her Novice title today with a score of 197 and 1st place! :happydance::happydance2::dancingelephant::cheers::cheer:

Will probably be our last obedience trial for the year while we try our hand at agility and get ready for Open next year.

Wow what a brilliant way to get your title. So dare we ask where you lost your 3 points .

Huge congratulations. Make sure you celebrate - makes all the training worthwhile ;)

;)

Ava got her Novice title today with a score of 197 and 1st place! :happydance::happydance2::dancingelephant::cheers::cheer:

Will probably be our last obedience trial for the year while we try our hand at agility and get ready for Open next year.

Wow what a brilliant way to get your title. So dare we ask where you lost your 3 points .

Huge congratulations. Make sure you celebrate - makes all the training worthwhile ;)

Thanks, I am extremely happy :D

We have a nice dinner with friends planned for tonight so that will be good! They are doggie friends too so even better ;)

Lost 2 points in heelwork (not certain what for but she definitely went wide on one of the fo8 posts) and 1 in recall for the slightest angle on the front. No video unfortunately, it all happened too quickly to organise and the dog before us made a getaway in the heelwork so was feeling pretty rushed.

:cheer: Congratulations wuffles and Ava!!! Lovely score :D

Way to go Wuffles and Ava - fantastic work. You should be tickled pink with her work.

My brag - well Kenz managed a stunning novice round herself and finally held it together in stays to walk away with her second pass. 7 dogs failed the SFE, including dogs who are normally rock solid so pretty chuffed that my little girl who use to be so scared of people approaching her I thought she would never manage one managed fine. The judge was full of praise about the standard of her work and thought she was something pretty special.

Very happy with her as we then rushed off to do a DWD practice in preparation for the Royal where she also worked her little black and white socks off. Lots of the dogs were uncomfortable with working in the environment and kept sniffing the ground during their routines despite having been there for longer then she was. I grabbed her out of the car and from the moment we got in there she was all eyes on me and put together a really lovely performance. Full on and lots of fun.

Well done wuffles :cheer: Awesome score with Ava - what a way to title her!!!!

Ness - you must be thrilled after all this agonising waiting and wondering. Go Kenz :thumbsup:

OK, so what happens when your agility training grounds are a quagmire and unsafe for training so you've only focussed on weaving pole entries for a few weeks....then add a handler who is a space cadet after a flu vax? A leetle scary :scared:

On the upside Ziggy had such a hoot today and his weaving entries were brilliant. He attacked his nemesis, the seesaw with more and more confidence as the day progressed and entertained the judge and onlookers by jumping right over the new low height table :laugh: My lovely lad pulled it all together despite my attempts at saboutaging him to get just the one pass card but it was in Excellent Agility (his first) and with a first place to top it off. Unfortunately he didn't get to take the "best handler" home :D