2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caffy's boy Snazzy worked a beautiful open round - his DOR was magnificent, I liked his heelwork ;) only to fail the last exercise - bugger!

Goodonya Ptolomy :thumbsup: I vote that your mates critique your work and put in their scores instead of the judge's.

Cider's DOR would've got top marks from me :D She DID drop.

Guest Pandii

Can I have a little Brag if this is the right spot

Toolalla Slim Dusty my not quiet 5 month old got his first Obedience Pass in Puppy class

I am so proud

Definately the right spot...congratulations!!! :thumbsup: My 5 month old wouldn't have a hope yet...attention span of a gnat!!!!

Toolalla Slim Dusty my not quiet 5 month old got his first Obedience Pass in Puppy class

I am so proud

She did!!! ;) Just in front of mummy where it is nice and safe!

Caffy's boy Snazzy worked a beautiful open round - his DOR was magnificent, I liked his heelwork :D only to fail the last exercise - bugger!

Goodonya Ptolomy :thumbsup: I vote that your mates critique your work and put in their scores instead of the judge's.

Cider's DOR would've got top marks from me :D She DID drop.

Guest Pandii
Definately the right spot...congratulations!!! :thumbsup: My 5 month old wouldn't have a hope yet...attention span of a gnat!!!!

I am so proud

Thank you will get some photos

I understand the attention of a gnat, he sometimes forgets his brain, but once hes tuned it he works very hard to please

Thanks Ptolomy :D I was sooooo pleased with my boy today! He tried really hard and was so up and happy in the ring. I vote we get rid of the multiple retrieve!!! Stooopid exercise!!!

Snazz was lovely and Cider's heelwork was to die for!!! Awesome :thumbsup:

Onya Mason... Is that title??

I am going to post a woo hoo for both Bedazzled and Caffy

Brookie came oh so close to a UDX pass today but for the last exercise - where he ran a straight line out to the blind retrieve and then wouldn't pick it up because it had the stewards scent all over it. It was also put in the same place where the seekback decoy was placed - but his work in all the other UDX bits was top notch - well done mate ;)

Caffy's boy Snazzy worked a beautiful open round - his DOR was magnificent, I liked his heelwork :D only to fail the last exercise - bugger!

Mason was a very good boy today and so was Ruby - brags to follow.......

Congrats wuffles. Novice and beyond...Woo Hoo! :thumbsup:

Well done everyone, seems like it was a successful day today.

Ava got her final CCD pass at the ACT Obedience Titles today with a score of 93. Her heeling was quite average (we had to wait quite a few hours until CCD so she was a bit flat) but she was a very good girl in the stays when the dog next to her broke and there were kids running up and down the edge of the ring. ;)

Onwards and upwards to Novice and I can get rid of the silly leash! YAY!

Well done everyone!! Some very nice work today!!

My brag isn't in the form of a Q, but Ruby did her OOS stays in Open again today perfectly! Woot woot!! :thumbsup:

She passed every exercise and scored some lovely points in most exercises, but DOR lost her 4 points because she is still so slow to react to the drop command, and we had another toilet in the ring mishap during heelwork :D so ended up with not enough points to qualify, despite scoring enough in each exercise to pass ;) Who can brag that their dog has toileted in the ring 2 trials in a row? It appears I can!! And before anyone wonders, yes I did toilet her before going in. She did a wee while the dog before her was in, and she had done a poo that morning and is unusual for her to go a 2nd time in the morning. I find it hard to judge whether I keep walking her round and round in the heat, tiring her out in case she does another poo, or keep her cool and rested and "trust" that her poo in the morning is all that she has stocked up :love: I remember walking her round and round at the Obedience Nationals a couple of years ago, being the very last dog in (yet again), to make her go and she refused. All that walking moved it down and she went as soon as we hit the ring :D So for me, I think it just comes down to luck!

....or you could train a toilet on command!!!! ;) I always put a word on eliminating very early on in toilet training and it translates to a cue at the trial grounds. "Go do wees" and "Busy Dog" for number two's :D or you could do what the retrieving people do.... :D :love: ;) :love:

Well done everyone!! Some very nice work today!!

My brag isn't in the form of a Q, but Ruby did her OOS stays in Open again today perfectly! Woot woot!! :thumbsup:

She passed every exercise and scored some lovely points in most exercises, but DOR lost her 4 points because she is still so slow to react to the drop command, and we had another toilet in the ring mishap during heelwork :love: so ended up with not enough points to qualify, despite scoring enough in each exercise to pass :D Who can brag that their dog has toileted in the ring 2 trials in a row? It appears I can!! And before anyone wonders, yes I did toilet her before going in. She did a wee while the dog before her was in, and she had done a poo that morning and is unusual for her to go a 2nd time in the morning. I find it hard to judge whether I keep walking her round and round in the heat, tiring her out in case she does another poo, or keep her cool and rested and "trust" that her poo in the morning is all that she has stocked up :( I remember walking her round and round at the Obedience Nationals a couple of years ago, being the very last dog in (yet again), to make her go and she refused. All that walking moved it down and she went as soon as we hit the ring :love: So for me, I think it just comes down to luck!

....or you could train a toilet on command!!!! ;) I always put a word on eliminating very early on in toilet training and it translates to a cue at the trial grounds. "Go do wees" and "Busy Dog" for number two's :love: or you could do what the retrieving people do.... :D :love: :love: :love:

I do for wees. Poos I simply cannot make a dog go if they don't need to go :D

What do the retrieving people do? :thumbsup:

Congrats on all the good work guys!

:thumbsup: about the toileting woes, RS - In some ways it's easier with a boy - certainly for wees - just find a vertical surface ;) . Rory likes to park his poos high - so, in a bush, or long grass, or some sort of little mound. And he has 'favourite' places in places we've been before.

ETA - I've probably mentioned before a lovely little working Pem who distinguished himself one day in UD by owing the judge - didn't score on any exercise, and then peed in the ring. All his lovely owner could do was laugh - cos normally he was such a happy, reliable little worker. :D

Edited by Tassie

Hi Guys

Congratulations on everyone's passes sounds like a successful weekend for quite a few people.

Today we had our games trial and little Gabby was a star she got her snooker excellent title with a first place and master gamble with a first place. Poor little Inka stuffed up in both snooker master (mummy got lost and did things that she hadnt walked so we ran out of time :laugh: ) master gamble didnt do the colour in the gamble :p In Strategic pairs master Inka and her partner Amy got 2 qualies with 2 first places and Gabby and her brother Ash got 2 qualies in excellent with 2 first places not bad considering noone thought we would do well as her brother is one crazy coolie but we have done well with only one more pass to go

Ava got her final CCD pass at the ACT Obedience Titles today with a score of 93. Her heeling was quite average (we had to wait quite a few hours until CCD so she was a bit flat) but she was a very good girl in the stays when the dog next to her broke and there were kids running up and down the edge of the ring. :)

Onwards and upwards to Novice and I can get rid of the silly leash! YAY!

:laugh: Congrats Wuffles!!!! Great stuff :cheer:

Congrats everyone else on their weekend results, it seems to have been a good one!!