2011 Brags Thread

I just remembered a funny from the trial. Millie got special mention at the presentations for the best heeling into the ring :rofl: Thank goodness she got a clear round so she could prove she is more than just an obedience dog :(

Now you are starting to think the right way!

;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an enjoyable weekend at the State Trial, Saturday was not too bad, it was stinking hot, missed both contacts in excellent agility :rofl: and jumped off the table (that's a new one :rofl: ) then in JDX I lined him up at the start line and there was a huge ant nest there and he was bitten on the foot! Looked painful for the poor boy, so we left the ring before we even began ;)

Sunday it was a lot cooler (thank God) and we managed to run clear in ADX although it was horribly slow (yet still 12 secs under SCT - amazing :clap: ) with some sightseeing from the top of the A Frame and bird poo sniffing on the DW, but we got there in the end :eek: That is his first ADX pass and got us through to the final (the only 300 dog that went through surprisingly)

JDX wasn't too bad, still slow for Kyzer and he wasn't quite with it but we ran clear and came first in our height! Getting his JDX title!! :rofl::(

For the finals - he looked reluctant to leave his comfortable crate, I wasn't expecting much but figured we'd give it a go - in ADX he did more sightseeing from the A-Frame (was fascinated by a big campervan that had started up about 15 metres away :o ) then refused the DW twice (another new one! LOL ) eventually he went over it and then went past the spread, my fault with a late front cross, and then he gathered speed (I suspect because he knew he was on the home stretch and was imagining his comfy crate waiting for him) :o

JDX he was a bit perkier and ran clean but a bit slow and came second :D

So he did well for him, it's like having two different dogs though - the one at training and the one at trials!

I really enjoy the state trial and sitting ringside and watching all the finals - some absolutely amazing runs that's for sure!

:rofl:

I had an enjoyable weekend at the State Trial, Saturday was not too bad, it was stinking hot, missed both contacts in excellent agility :rofl: and jumped off the table (that's a new one :eek: ) then in JDX I lined him up at the start line and there was a huge ant nest there and he was bitten on the foot! Looked painful for the poor boy, so we left the ring before we even began :clap:

Sunday it was a lot cooler (thank God) and we managed to run clear in ADX although it was horribly slow (yet still 12 secs under SCT - amazing :rofl: ) with some sightseeing from the top of the A Frame and bird poo sniffing on the DW, but we got there in the end :o That is his first ADX pass and got us through to the final (the only 300 dog that went through surprisingly)

JDX wasn't too bad, still slow for Kyzer and he wasn't quite with it but we ran clear and came first in our height! Getting his JDX title!! :( ;)

For the finals - he looked reluctant to leave his comfortable crate, I wasn't expecting much but figured we'd give it a go - in ADX he did more sightseeing from the A-Frame (was fascinated by a big campervan that had started up about 15 metres away :o ) then refused the DW twice (another new one! LOL ) eventually he went over it and then went past the spread, my fault with a late front cross, and then he gathered speed (I suspect because he knew he was on the home stretch and was imagining his comfy crate waiting for him) :D

JDX he was a bit perkier and ran clean but a bit slow and came second :D

So he did well for him, it's like having two different dogs though - the one at training and the one at trials!

I really enjoy the state trial and sitting ringside and watching all the finals - some absolutely amazing runs that's for sure!

Jedi at Flyball Nationals today...

0.000 start

:D

Congrats!! Did the other team run cleanly? Whenever I started and got a really good start time the other team would always false start......sometimes I suspect on purpose :)

Not sure what that means, but I assume it's good! Congrats!

In flyball there is a starting timer that beeps 3 times (like Ready, Set, Go) that tells you the timer is about to start. The starting dog/handlers goal is too get as close as possible to 0.000 which means the dog hit the starting line exactly when the timer started (on Go). It's extremely hard too get 0.000 because it's down to .000 of a second, it takes alot of practice of starting positions and knowledge of how your dog is running at that very moment.

Sorry not a good explanation but basically TerraNik had the 100% perfect starting time. :(

Edited by tollersowned

niice Terranik :( Was told I need to come down and see you guys tomorrow if I get time I will :)

Late Brag last weekend we had a blast at the ADAA trial :D Den finished both his BAAD and his AAD Title :)

So we now have Denver ADX JDX GD SD BAAD AAD

Yay Den :D Very proud of him.. and Banjo has a brag too we did our first show on friday and he STACKED and HELD IT for his exam which was awesome as I have had mnay wiggle bum monments where we have totally lost it! so I was proud of him

I had a better day than the last few have been.......

Strauss was pulled for the in group line up - he didn't win but I have never had that happen before - I must have looked like a real dork when the judge pointed to us :eek:

and then this afternoon......

Cider Bear showed that she had recovered from her scary trip east with a 200 in novice for her title.

So her 3 scores have been 200, 196 and 200 - Good girl Soggy Bear :thumbsup:

I had a better day than the last few have been.......

Strauss was pulled for the in group line up - he didn't win but I have never had that happen before - I must have looked like a real dork when the judge pointed to us :)

and then this afternoon......

Cider Bear showed that she had recovered from her scary trip east with a 200 in novice for her title.

So her 3 scores have been 200, 196 and 200 - Good girl Soggy Bear :thumbsup:

Glad she recovered from her scary trip so well! Hope there were some corks popping! :eek: Fantastic!