• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay - go the Tailed Aussies eh Wuffles :o

Yeah!! Even if you have to hear "great border collie!" a million times :laugh:

:laugh: I was only telling LP just yesterday how beautifully her young tri-coloured Border Collie was working. Luckily she knows how much I enjoy stirring her up :o

:hug: some people are just so rude!! :D

hehe - All I have to do is spell Dalmation wrong and that would send you into a flying rage.... (maybe....) :laugh:

Yay - go the Tailed Aussies eh Wuffles :)

Yeah!! Even if you have to hear "great border collie!" a million times :(

:o I was only telling LP just yesterday how beautifully her young tri-coloured Border Collie was working. Luckily she knows how much I enjoy stirring her up ;)

:hug: some people are just so rude!! :laugh:

hehe - All I have to do is spell Dalmation wrong and that would send you into a flying rage.... (maybe....) :o

:o:laugh: :D

Geez, you know how to push my buttons :laugh: Although, according to a post I just read, a Springer looks just like a liver and white Border Collie :o

Edited by The Spotted Devil

A friend of mine saw Leo in the ring on Sunday LP and was super impressed. :D

Was that the lady with the heeler? I had a lady watch his whole routine and made me so nervous :hug:

Yay - go the Tailed Aussies eh Wuffles :laugh:

No she has a Belgian Shep, we were at a discrete distance :laugh:

Yay - go the Tailed Aussies eh Wuffles :)

Yeah!! Even if you have to hear "great border collie!" a million times :o

:whee: I was only telling LP just yesterday how beautifully her young tri-coloured Border Collie was working. Luckily she knows how much I enjoy stirring her up :p

:o some people are just so rude!! :rofl:

hehe - All I have to do is spell Dalmation wrong and that would send you into a flying rage.... (maybe....) :clap:

:mad:cheer: ;)

Geez, you know how to push my buttons :rofl: Although, according to a post I just read, a Springer looks just like a liver and white Border Collie ;)

My bestie's mum is born in Dalmatia so I even get :mad when I see Dalmation :o

Congratulations again wuffles! I am starting to think my boy may be mentally stable enough for CCD :o and he is my first trialling dog. So seeing you do so well makes me happy :) Plus I will have him back in the agility ring within the next few months so I may have my first title in 2011 afterall (but not likely :winner: ).

Well today is the first of 2 days of our State Obedience Championship and interclub challenge. What a day got 4 out of 4 and my black and white managed to do her sit stay and a drop stay :p

Gabby was in open and was so proud of her considering there was a soft ball game happening and kids were screaming that half a brain was with me and she came out the ring with a 195 and first place and she managed to do a sit stay in the hot weather after coming out of the ud ring and straight into sit stays :(

Well she did pass her ud with a 2nd place but we got a score of 177 and the brain was definitely not with me. We knicked of to say hello twice couldnt keep the articles in the mouth twice she even managed to fling one of her articles away from her and a missed drop ohhh forgot to add in the run around in the next ring doing a seek back cant believe she did that :o (naughty girl ;) )

Black and white Inka well dont know what happened in ud but the brain wasnt quite all there I think she forgot to bring fast pace into the ring considering I havent done any training with Inka since October last year we got 183 and a third. Would have got a 2nd but lost in a countback. Got into open and boy I think she run home to get the fast pace. She was brilliant came out with 195 and we did our sit stay in the hot sun and we also did out 5 min drop stay ( not like another trial where we did a 5 min sit stay :rofl: ) That's 2 out of 2 :)

Tomorrow is round 2 so will be interesting if I have dogs on fire or I have dogs that are too tired to work :eek:

Well done xena98 glad they both worked well for you today and good luck tomorrow. I got a Novice round bursting with attitude out of my little mad midget dog but her shoulder is still bothering her and couldn't manage to get through stays. Ah well she has come a long way from the scared timid little girl she once was and is working with the enthusiasm that should see as right come open and utility just have to get through this injury round and then it will be ok.

Good luck tomorrow.

You did pretty good Ness considering that you never thought you would get her into the ring without freaking. Pity about the shoulder thing doesnt help with the stays though. Might have to pick me of the ground tomorrow if I can get another 2 more passes in open with those sit stays :(

Thanks xena - yeah she has done well - 4 trials now - 1 CCD and 3 Novice and she has been on a pass in her ring work all 4 times. She is managing to cope with SFEs under strange judges which is something this time last year I never thought she could learn to cope with.

Just need some injury free training time to get on top of the heelwork as its a little messy.

Feel really sorry for her as its not been an easy few months being injured - she hates not being able to train and so what few opportunities she gets she is just nuts.

Yep xena - the long and the short of it is more rest - well nothing that is agility or herding or any serious obedience training because that all involves tugging. She is allowed walks and thats about it. But to her a walk = training so its been a little trying to say the least.

TSD - likely an original muscle tear or strain somewhere and now its just mostly soft tissue stuff but if it doesn't resolve then it will be x-rays to rule out any joint related issues. As the physio said last week its not a case that is screaming joint related at the moment but if its soft tissue injury then it could take a while to settle down and she could be intermittently sore for as much as 6 months. Its not bothering her in a daily sense - its certainly not interferring with her enthusiasm or attitude for work and most of the time if you blinked or didn't see her when she firsts get up it would be easy to turn a blind eye to the problem.

Well we are back from our 2nd day of obedience competition and after yesterday 100% success I knew today would be terrible as I can only have 50% :thumbsup:

Inka worked well with 194 points. We did the sit stays but when it came to the drop we went to follow stood there for awhile than sat down than she lay down arghhh :thumbsup: so that went her chances of being state champion than it got worse in the ud we couldnt find a box and got half way and sat down :D . Gabby couldnt do ud when your so busy looking for your friend and knowing you cant knick off to her so only half a brain in that department dropped an article and didnt pick it up.(might add the rest of the work was ummmm lets say not great) In open she worked brilliantly except got a sub in the retrieve as she went and found a smell next to the dumbell. at least she remembered to pick it up so lost 6 points. Came out with 191 and first place.

Overall Gabby is the 2011 State Obedience Champion in open and also won the Highest Club Team Trophy.

Well done Rivsky and Zuma :thumbsup: commiseration Ness and Kenzie :thumbsup:

Well done xena98. Yeah unfortunately my little midget dog worked a lovely Novice Round and was sitting on a 190 but her shoulder again got the better of her in sit stays and she couldn't hold it. Ah well she worked very nicely and hopefully a few months off to rehab it properly will see her come back firing on all cylinders.

This isn't really a brag but I have also made the hard decision to retire the old girl and figured I might as well post it here.

Ness you have taught me a huge amount in all your years and seen my first venture into the competitive dog sport world and suffered through being retrained a number of times. Despite my novice handling ability you attained your CD (under the old rules with double heel patterns) and your CDX in straight trials. We also finally managed to polish off all the standard agility titles.

You saw me head off interstate and meet a number of wonderful people some of whom are now great friends. While the closest you ever came to a UD pass was a 169 last year you have taught me lots and I am sure your little midget sister will come through and finish off the title you could never manage one day.

May you enjoy your retirement and live out your remaining years enjoying what you like best - scabbing treats for doing as little as possible :thumbsup: .

Thanks Ness for teaching me so much about the world of trialling.

Edited by ness