Canon Peoples..error 06 In 50d

redangel

My friend has a 50d...it locked up yesterday error 06 (sensor clean error) She tried to reset by removing battery but camera was frozen still. Has sent it off to Canon as advised. Melbourne based. Will the camera be returned as good as new or does she have claims for a replacement (camera is under a year old) What is your opinion on this???

Is it a grey import? Is the service agent Canon authorised? If the work is done by Canon it will be guaranteed for 6 months AFAIK.

I bought a grey import 50D and 5DII and their service agent was crap. Both cameras needed to be fixed within the first year. They claimed the 5DII was fixed, but it wasn't so I had to fight with them to get a brand new body. Unfortunately I didn't use the 50D again after it was fixed and not long ago I sold it. The person who bought it experienced the same problem that was supposed to have been repaired. Because it was now out of warranty I had to foot the bill for repairs. It cost me $425. Half what I'd sold the camera for. I'll never buy a grey import body again.

Is it a grey import? Is the service agent Canon authorised? If the work is done by Canon it will be guaranteed for 6 months AFAIK.

I bought a grey import 50D and 5DII and their service agent was crap. Both cameras needed to be fixed within the first year. They claimed the 5DII was fixed, but it wasn't so I had to fight with them to get a brand new body. Unfortunately I didn't use the 50D again after it was fixed and not long ago I sold it. The person who bought it experienced the same problem that was supposed to have been repaired. Because it was now out of warranty I had to foot the bill for repairs. It cost me $425. Half what I'd sold the camera for. I'll never buy a grey import body again.

That is really bad luck that both bodies failed within the first year. :thumbsup: Can you say who you bought them off?

To return for warranty repair you have to fill in the warranty card and produce the receipt at your agent (thats if you get a camera store to send it off). It has similar details on what is needed if you send it off yourself on the canon website and I think they have a form you fill in.

It seems weird that she doesnt know if its being repaired under warranty when you need those docs to send off with it to Canon. Yes they honour the warranty (they kind of have to since its a warranty).

I had focus issues with my 50D took two trips to Canon for it to be fixed even though they rang the second time and said they couldnt finda problem - with mine it was probably one of the many tiny plugs and leads inside and when put back together that probably rsolved the problem. It sits here gathering dust but I should sell it I guess - its not a suitable camera for the sports stuff.

That is really bad luck that both bodies failed within the first year. :birthday: Can you say who you bought them off?

Not here. Email me if you want. It's not the place all you guys use.

• 2 weeks later...