Dogs On Beach

dee136

Most council websites state they can't be on the beach between 10am & 7.30pm.

I work nights & afternoons so was hoping to take the dogs for an hr or 2 on lead walk on the beach during the day.

Any other beaches outside this area that are less than an hr's drive from Mentone would be ok too.

Edited by dee136

Ricketts Point in Beaumaris to the right of the cafe (actually to the right of the boardwalk that leads down to beach)as you face the beach is dogs off lead 24 hours 265 days a year. We love it there too. :thumbsup:

That would be great except I have 1 very reactive dog that doesn't like being approached by other dogs at all.

Makes it very hard to find a beach where they are allowed, but only on lead.

We often go to the Brighton dog beach at 1 or 2 in the morning just to avoid other dogs.

West St Kilda is good if you go early in the morning (before 7am). Big beach and not crowded off peak.

I used to go to Brighton Beach early in the morning so that my girl could play in peace - she reacts to dogs that get in her face too. That was until a guy started taking his out-of-control GSD down there at the same time. When I asked him to call it he laughed at me said "he won't eat your little dogs". Pig.

I find West St Kilda much more civilised and less popular. East of the peir is on-leash, but there are a lot of people who let their dogs off leash. Again, if you go early in the morning you should be okay.