The Gang At The Park

tlc

Hi Guys, Just thought I would post a few pics from today here, I have edited them mostly quite differently. I know most photographers have a style but I just can't seem to find mine, anyway feel free to critique or just look either way is fine. Not often my OH will get in pics so these are pretty spec!! :confused:

DSC_0025-6.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0037-5.jpg

DSC_0045-4.jpg

DSC_0046-3.jpg

DSC_0057-6.jpg

It's funny about the editing, the one of Bron that is really soft and colorful I did it forst in b&W then in Sepia and then on old style but they all looked just very ordinary. I do think you have to play around a bit to see what suits the photo.

It's funny about the editing, the one of Bron that is really soft and colorful I did it forst in b&W then in Sepia and then on old style but they all looked just very ordinary. I do think you have to play around a bit to see what suits the photo.

Yep definitely - I find with Lottie I don't like her in anything but colour (if that makes sense?). Some dogs look so beautiful in black and white, but it just doesn't suit Lottie??

These are gorgeous photos tlc :):)

Good for you in wanting to find your own style and not wanting to just be a copycat, that is one of the hardest things to try to define, but you will find it. One of the things to watch with the colour saturation is bumping it a bit too much - like anything, a little is nice, an overkill takes away from the simplicity of the shot. I like the sepia processing it is very nice. In some of the colour ones, which look like they were either taken in bright sunlight, or in dappled light areas, there appears to be many highlight areas blown though, which will just print as pure white (ie no details at all), not sure if these have been blown out in your processing, if you have one that is straight out of camera (no processing done to it), we can tell that for you. The way to tell if they are blown is that you should be able t tell by the histogram, which will be pushed far right, what I do is also keep an eye using he eyedropper in photoshop, which is set to point sample, and then read the colour information on it. For white areas, anything above 245 can be a bit dicey, anything that reads 255, 255, 255 across all 3 channels has no details there at all (similarly any dark areas that read 0, 0 ,0 will also print pure black)

Thanks Linda, I use LR, I do have PS but just find LR so much easier and quicker. The sky was really blue but in some the sky is white and I'm trying to remember if I changed the settings on the camera between shots? Anyway no matter I do have a bit of fun experimenting and seeing what works with what picture. But i guess it's like a lot of things what's pleasing to my eye may not be to the next person!

But i guess it's like a lot of things what's pleasing to my eye may not be to the next person!

tlc ,as a newbie SLR owner and hobbyist but trained designer (in numerous art forms) to me you do have your style :rofl:

Your photos are always full of "warmth & soul" be it edited or not & you capture your crew so well :rofl:

To me that is your style - I always get a smile when I view your shots even if I don't comment on all :eek:

I can't offer professional specifics as Linda K but "art is personal" - you don't please everyone ...which is the joys &

pitfalls of this medium - being on the critic end of advertising it can be really ,really cruel which is why there is no money

to be earned in the creative side of photography unless you are known :D

I agree with the others ...interms of trying to get a half decent shot which I aim for :rofl:

- you cannot edit a 'bad photo 'unless you are a genius or artist even than not all will like - but that is art !

I think we get too stuck on 'editing/processing' ,which can make everything look the same and forget about the

fun/emotion we had in taking the photo in the first place - which makes photos look different & hence creating one's style :eek:

Thank you so much KK, that is probly the most fabulous comment ever made about my "style" and I never really thought about it and I think your right. I do mostly take pics of my dogs, they are what I love and I do try to capture them in all thier glory as the happy little creatures they are!

OH hates having his photo taken but occasionally he will but I think it is only becasue he knows if he doesn't I will keep nagging him :crossfingers:

I think you take gorgeous photo's of your kids..it's great we all have different styles I think

mine I just try and capture the fun loving little kids that they are and their comical expressions ....i might not take the best photo's..but i hope they they turn out fun like the kids are :crossfingers:

I think you take gorgeous photo's of your kids..it's great we all have different styles I think

mine I just try and capture the fun loving little kids that they are and their comical expressions ....i might not take the best photo's..but i hope they they turn out fun like the kids are :crossfingers:

I am exactly the same and that is what I hope to achieve. I alwasy thought I wanted to go pro but not any more, I am in it more for the fun and enjoyment I get and my family and friends get from my pics! I love taking pics of my friends dogs too, some even have some of my shots hanging in thier loungerooms in frames so I think that is pretty awesome! My guys have been on calendars and in Mags (my shots) so thats a bit of a buzz too so if that happens every once in a while thats great!