Getting A New Breed

huski

I fostered a smithfield at the beginning of this year, he was a beautiful dog

Huski, I haven't read the whole thread but have you looked at a Coolie. They tick all the boxes on your post and most importantly hvae an off switch when required to. I've just got a 10 week old pup for the sole purpose of agility and obedience, very excited about it all :confused:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Cricket is one of the dogs I was talking about. He is a great dog but then again his handler is as well.

I found it interesting as they come from Tassie , yet I've never heard of them.

I didn't get the jump from Smithfield to ACD but now I remember when I googled them I got similar. It was suggested I take a Smithfield puppy but not quite ready yet. Althou after meeting them I did google the breed as I found them an interesting option.

Too many dogs, too many nice dogs

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd post an update. I went and met a field ESS breeder over the past weekend and got to meet quite a number of her dogs, as well as some gorgeous puppies.

It really solidified my decision to go with an ESS, the breed is everything I want and more, now I just have to be patient and wait for a puppy (waiting list is about 12 months). Very exciting to have finally made a decision, and I will definitely continue my research into the breed while I wait for a puppy over the next year :laugh:

How exciting!!!! Oh gosh I wish I was at this stage myself of putting my name on a list :laugh: I gotta decide 100% on what breed I want first, though.. and then add another few years to it :)

Keep us updated on things! Have you decided what sex you want and have you thought of any names? (thinking of names I think is the TOUGHEST PART!!!)

congratulations Huski :cry:

Thanks chook :(

Keep us updated on things! Have you decided what sex you want and have you thought of any names? (thinking of names I think is the TOUGHEST PART!!!)

LOL I don't know if I should answer that, I might sound a bit obsessed :):laugh:

My preference is for a girl but I am flexible, I really just want a dog that is suitable for what I am after which coming from these lines I am sure it will be.

I have thought of some names, I want something cute but English-y.

ETA: I knew that I'd probably have to wait a fair while to get what I want which is why I started researching when I did.

Edited by huski

Congratulations on your decision Huski! You'll have a lot of fun with your new pup I'm sure. Twelve months will go fast!

I think Hyacinth would be a lovely English name for a drivey little puppy! :laugh:

We have an English Springer Sp start at our obedience club. She looks like a chocolate & white border collie. A very pretty dog.

Names - Ivy, Raleigh means Field of Birds, Phoebe, Shelby.

Edited by luvsdogs

ESS sounds like a great choice!

I have only seen one in real life but lovely dogs. They appear on telly sometimes as working dogs and seem really keen and focused.

I did like them and also the Brittany. So good you have found your choice - I am still undecided except it must be a boy.

Can I ask who the breeder is? Must give photos too then :rofl:

Edited by skip

ESS sounds like a great choice!

I have only seen one in real life but lovely dogs. They appear on telly sometimes as working dogs and seem really keen and focused.

I did like them and also the Brittany. So good you have found your choice - I am still undecided except it must be a boy.

Can I ask who the breeder is? Must give photos too then :rofl:

More than 'seem' :D Little devils work all day! I decided to give Em a day off retrieving training today...in between hunting up lizards and butterflies for most of the afternoon I did 2 shaping sessions with her plus an agility groundwork/tunnel session plus an obedience session. That was JUST enough to take the edge off her. I was trying to keep her out of Zig's face as he was keen to enjoy a quiet day in the sun after agility training last night (Em also went and did retrieving and obedience training on the side).