Getting A New Breed

huski

Did you end up ruling Lappies out?

No not entirely, I am just not sure if they are quite what I want. I know some with decent drive like Soaks but then all the other ones I've met have been quite mellow and low drive and I'm a bit worried about ending up with a coach-potato lappie :rofl:

Yeah, it's something to be wary of. It is very line dependent. My worst nightmare would be a low drive lappie :o

Thanks so much for all the recs guys!
Ooh what about a Pyr Shep!!!!!!!!!

Do we have them in Oz??

Yep they were recently imported by Belengere in QLD. The first litter is coming up soon.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the moment a working line ESS is probably appealing to me the most, I've never even considered them, but they seem quite lovely and on paper are ticking all my boxes. I know nothing at all about them though.

TSD's video has me smitten as well!

Thanks so much for all the recs guys!
Ooh what about a Pyr Shep!!!!!!!!!

Do we have them in Oz??

Yep they were recently imported by Belengere in QLD. The first litter is coming up soon.

Ooooh exciting!! Love them!

Yeah, it's something to be wary of. It is very line dependent. My worst nightmare would be a low drive lappie :o

There is one at the club I occasionally train at. He's the most gorgeous and friendly dog, but way down the drive scale.

English Toy Terrier?

You can compete in QLD without pedigree dogs, but you can only register a dog on the limited associate register once or twice I believe.

I will definitely look into Pyr Sheps!

ETA: I like Keesies but yeah... not the coat (not when I have a Sibe - that's enough grooming, thank you!)

Edited by huski

You can compete in QLD without pedigree dogs, but you can only register a dog on the limited associate register once or twice I believe.

I will definitely look into Pyr Sheps!

If you get one... I'm coming to visit!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

English Toy Terrier?

Too small - even the Manchester which is the bigger version of the ETT is only ~10kg, and if Huski doesn't like the look of the GP then there's no way she'll like MTs or ETTs, her loss :D :o:rofl:

English Toy Terrier?

Too small - even the Manchester which is the bigger version of the ETT is only ~10kg, and if Huski doesn't like the look of the GP then there's no way she'll like MTs or ETTs, her loss :D :o:rofl:

We have a couple of the Manchesters trialling in agility in Vic - sensational dogs, I love their enthusiasm for everything they do :D

But I love my working breeds and that's what I will stick with. :D So I totally understand personal preferences. :)

I can appreciate how other people would like them, they just aren't for me :)

Yeah I know, just being a stirrer :D

My Daughter has a Brittany and he drives me nuts, he is ADD and I own two working breeds and a WL Mal. :rofl:

Wow that's saying something :D and scares me off Brittany's which were high on my list :D :o

Tollers are quite different to BC's, they are challenging, they are not super outgoing unless with their known people. The hair can be annoying. I just own sticky rollers. :D :o If you choose from drivey parents you will most likely get a high drive dog. The don't like to be asked to repeat things over and over, but you drive train so that's not an issue. If you get one that ends up with a long back that may be a problem for agility though. Geordie is really a very quiet dog apart from a certain time of the day when the birds are roosting. :rofl:

Girl Vizsla?

Welsh springer?

I'm sure you could manage a well chosen Kelpie.