Rspca Fairfield Brisbane

nabs

PLEASE HELP. RSPCA are looking for interested people to help foster care if they can - the Fairfield office is their main base in QLD, and under direct threat of floodin...g and/or isolation in the next 24 hrs. If you can help them evacuate a pet by temporary foster care, please register your details on 07 3426 9999.

At the moment the Fairfield Shelter seems to be ok, and i'm not sure if they'd be expecting people to go in to collect fosters or if they'd be trucked out so that the place the critters are going to can at least have a brief inspection. If it's the second, that's easy for me - their trucks/vehicles etc are likely to get across deeper water then my lil hyundai!

Yes, I read somewhere (Facebook?) someone had been to the Fairfield Shelter & things seem OK for the moment.

The RSPCA is still asking people if they'll offer to foster people's pets. Via email [email protected]

I guess it'd depend on each case how to get them to a foster-carer, the pet may come direct from the owner.

On the Facebook page about Pet Options, some people are offering to transport, when they can't foster. Also mentions there that a group is forming specifically to help with horses.

It's worth following that Pet Options page on Facebook. Lots of information coming thro'. Like, person from Best Friends Rescue is taking items to pet owners at the evacuation centre (RNA Showgrounds) & will get an idea of what's needed.

Also RSPCA messages come up there. They're asking people not to phone them with offers, to keep system open. But for people to email offers, as above.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Queensland-F...34345627?v=wall

Edited by mita

Fairfield was stating on their website that they had plans in place - last official thing from them. Now people are stating that it's going under and people need to go collect what animals they can to save them?

Anyone know anything for sure?

Fairfield was stating on their website that they had plans in place - last official thing from them. Now people are stating that it's going under and people need to go collect what animals they can to save them?

The Fairfield shelter is under water. :hug:

I read elsewhere they're all out. I think it was on the QPS facebook.

The call came out on the radio this morning for anyone with dog trailers, to help with a mass evacuation and the reponce was impressive, they got them all out and rehomed in other kennels. We also had to shift another kennels, that was in trouble in the 74 floods, so they took the precaution of evacuating to another kennels. I'm impressed with Brisbane!!

The call came out on the radio this morning for anyone with dog trailers, to help with a mass evacuation and the reponce was impressive, they got them all out and rehomed in other kennels. We also had to shift another kennels, that was in trouble in the 74 floods, so they took the precaution of evacuating to another kennels. I'm impressed with Brisbane!!

We're a pretty awesome bunch. :confused:

Edited by Cody