Flood Warning

ozjen

These two messages were on a facebook friends status, I'm presuming they are genine so figured in the interest of safety I would post them here for anyone who might be in these areas. They were posted on FB about 5 or 6 hours ago.

Please repost - CURRENT NOW ACT NOW!!! A SERIOUS FLASH FLOOD EVENT NOW PEOPLE IN LOW LAYING AREAS MOVE TO HIGH GROUND!! LOWOOD, LAIDLEY, ESK ,BOONAH ,BEAUDESERT, CABOOLUTURE ,WARWICK ,ALLORA

Generally all areas of SEQ if you are in a low laying area move to higher ground A MASSIVE STORM COMPLEX HAS FORMED OVER THE AREA

** JUST ON CHANNEL 9 - MAYOR OF IPSWICH - PEAK EXPECTED AT 19M !!! IF YOU WERE EFFECTED IN 1974 .. HIS WORDS "GET OUT NOW" .. WE HAVE 12 HRS .. I REPEAT TRANSMITTOR IS DOWN FOR THAT AREA - THEY ARE RELYING ON THE MEDIA TO GET THI...S WORD OUT ..

My apologies if they are not genuine, but I didn't want to take the risk of ignoring it.

They are very genuine! Check the news, major flooding all through SEQ and headed toward Brisbane CBD. There are also quite a few threads in OT about the flooding, plus one pinned in General to update the statuses of QLD DOLers caught up in the floods.