Animal/dog Management In Indigenous Communities

persephone

Wow, how did such a brilliant organisation remain so quiet in in the Australian dog world ;) ;)

I have seen camp dogs first hand when I worked in outback South Australia and was dismayed by the amount of mange and other health issues they were suffering from, some of the younger people laughingly called them pinkies due to their lack of fur and angry sores they were covered in.

Any organisation trying to help these silent victims of neglect and ignorance has my full support :laugh:

Please note I am not making a judgement on the owners of these dogs they are as much victim to treatable diseases etc as their dogs.

Wow, how did such a brilliant organisation remain so quiet in in the Australian dog world :laugh: ;)

I have seen camp dogs first hand when I worked in outback South Australia and was dismayed by the amount of mange and other health issues they were suffering from, some of the younger people laughingly called them pinkies due to their lack of fur and angry sores they were covered in.

Any organisation trying to help these silent victims of neglect and ignorance has my full support ;)

Please note I am not making a judgement on the owners of these dogs they are as much victim to treatable diseases etc as their dogs.

Didn't it come about after a person was killed by a pack of dogs in one of the indiginous communities, now they are trying to control the numbers of dogs at the camps? Not sure if this is correct so just asking to see if anyone knows. ;)

Wow, how did such a brilliant organisation remain so quiet in in the Australian dog world :thumbsup: :D

Any organisation trying to help these silent victims of neglect and ignorance has my full support :o

Didn't it come about after a person was killed by a pack of dogs in one of the indiginous communities, now they are trying to control the numbers of dogs at the camps? Not sure if this is correct so just asking to see if anyone knows. :D

No, AMRRIC had been running for a number of years before that.

If you mean the recent one in M*aningrida, the inquiry into his death has not happened yet AFAIK so the cause of death is not conclusive.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller