Why Can't I Ever Get My Dog To Smell As Good As When She's Bee

hails83

This might sound silly but being a person that is big on smells (yes I always buy my shampoo based on what it smells like), I absolutely love the way my dog smells after she's been to the groomer - almost to the point where I just want to bury my face in her when I give her a cuddle. :crossfingers:

I get her groomed regularly over the hotter months however give her in-between baths when required. I'm just about to run out of the Rufus & Coco 2 in 1 wash I've been using and need to buy some more which has prompted me to try and find out what products other people use that make their dog smell divine?

Of course I am looking for a product that is best for the dog and her skin/ coat but surely there are products out there available on the retail market that also smell nice to us humans?! Lol.

I also use conditioning/ deodorising sprays however no matter what I ever use, she never smells as good as when she's visited the groomer.

Does anyone know where I'm coming from and can you recommend any particular products?

Also, the groomer will no doubt blow-dry the dog and this makes a huge difference. When dogs dry naturally they don't smell as nice. :D I can't remember the name of the cologne we used to use, but I'll post it when I think of it. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. You're right, I think I'll ask the groomer next time we pop in. I was thinking they may not want to help me too much in fear of loosing my business, however I'll see how I go!

I've also heard good things about dermcare products but have never used them myself...?

What groomer do you go to? I'm in Adelaide too and can't get over how good my dogs smell after they have been. Your explanation of wanting to bury your face in her and give her a cuddle is exactly how I feel. They smell amazing!!!!!

I use plush puppy products on my clients dogs and also a "baby powder" scented cologne. My clients go ape over it! You can get this stuff at any grooming supplies store or even try buying some from your groomer, no doubt she will sell you some. I give it out to my clients if they ask.

We use two different shampoos in the grooming - one is an aloe vera and the other is a tea-tree - both of these are low irritant.

Both kinda leave the coat with a neutral smell and we don't use any cologne - prefer not to use things that might affect different dogs. People seem to love the feel and smell of their dogs coats but it isnt really anything we have added.

Probably the hydro bath allows ease of cleaning and particularly to rinse out the coat and dead coat. The dryer then allows the coat to really seperate and fluff up making the texture feel terrific.