Any One Live In Emerald Vic?

JulesP

My sister lives on 10 acres out at Menzies Creek, which is just a hop skip and jump from Emerald. It's lovely there, but I worry about fire season. It's not the sort of place you can escape from if you make the decision to leave too late.

Aside from that, they've had no problems. Her partner regularly walks their rotties around the block (which is a distance of 5km). She also has a cat and two horses. The bakery in Emerald welcomes dogs to their outside eating area - there's one crusty old guy there with a ridgy who goes inside the bakery and gets "his" piece of cardboard for the dog to lay on. He says he himself doesn't sit on the ground, so why should the dog?

A few too many lycra clad pests on the road, and they tend to congregate at the bakery too, damn them! 50 points...... (kidding)

The Delicatessen also welcomes dogs at the outside coffee table area.....overall a very dog friendly town. We have even walked our Mini horse up and sat at the Deli for coffee......

The school oval (near the primary school) is fully fenced and a great large area for the dogs to run. We take ours to the lake sometimes (onlead) for a swim, we also have dog club fun days at the lake.

Aside from that, they've had no problems. Her partner regularly walks their rotties around the block (which is a distance of 5km). She also has a cat and two horses. The bakery in Emerald welcomes dogs to their outside eating area - there's one crusty old guy there with a ridgy who goes inside the bakery and gets "his" piece of cardboard for the dog to lay on. He says he himself doesn't sit on the ground, so why should the dog?

Lol ..... I think that's gorgeous. Knowing Ridgies as I do, they tend to feel the hard ground on their knobbly bones. A piece of cardboard is a great idea and I think it is lovely that the Emerald bakery accommodate him by keeping it ready for him.

My sister lives on 10 acres out at Menzies Creek, which is just a hop skip and jump from Emerald. It's lovely there, but I worry about fire season. It's not the sort of place you can escape from if you make the decision to leave too late.

A few too many lycra clad pests on the road, and they tend to congregate at the bakery too, damn them! 50 points...... (kidding)

hehe - I remember them, all right - they used to ride 2 & 3 abreast on the road down from Menzies Creek to Emerald - oh for an AK47 :laugh:

hehe - I remember them, all right - they used to ride 2 & 3 abreast on the road down from Menzies Creek to Emerald - oh for an AK47 :laugh:

I also live in Emerald & have an excess animals permit. They are easy to get providing your animals & facilities etc. are good. The Ranger will check before assigning it & one complaint from the neighbours will bring them back.

Emerald Park Lake is strictly on lead but Wright Forest which is all around it is off leash. I'm not sure that it's supposed to be. Pepi's Land which is a large open space nest to the Puffing Billy track is leash free.

Welcome to Emerald.

I was impressed to see that Cardinia Shire allowed more pets on acreage unlike Shire of Yarra Ranges. I don't live far from Emerald now it just isn't a place I have been too much. Will have to do some day trips.

What is the tourist traffic like? I love Healesville but the traffic is out of control on the weekends there. Would drive me nuts.