Amstaff Breeders? Qld

Keira&Phoenix

Hi All,

I was wondering if some wonderfully knowledgeable people of the DOL forums could point me towards a couple reputable, registered AmStaff breeders in QLD (Pref close to Brisbane) or Northern NSW. I am looking at doing a couple visits to meet the breeders and their dogs to get a head way for when I decide to buy my first purebred puppy. It will probably be a couple of years before I go ahead with purchasing one but feel that gives me ample time to suss out a breeder who I feel suits me and dogs who suit what I will be looking for and build a solid relationship with them before going ahead and purchasing the puppy.

I have had a look at a few websites for local breeders but would like recommendations for breeders DOLers have bought from in the past or may have some affiliation with.

If this is in the wrong area of the forum please feel free to move it Troy. Thanks all.

Hi there,

There is a kennel called Skymac. I dont have one of their dogs but knew of someone who inherited a dog of their breeding. This dog in particular had been rehomed many of times. The people I knew who had this dog werent very good owners and being blue did have the skin conditions and was on limited register and were using this dog for stud to anything. Anyway the founders of Skymac kennels called up this person who I knew who had this dog advertised all over the internet for stud and told them that they were the breeder and if they could come and see him. They came around and seen him and told the people straight that this dog in particular had skin problems - summer itch if I recall and offered to buy the dog back from them so they could desex him.

I was talking to the founders of Skymac kennel and the breeds genuine interest is her main priority. They do many things with their dogs such as weight pulling also.

Thats the only breeder that I can think of at the moment. However I do know of a breeder out near Durack that is just a puppy farmer with registered dogs. Every season their bitches are mated. Only every second litter is registered. They are breeding from dogs with a overshot bite and another with a cleft palate. Please PM me if you would like to know this persons prefix.

Hope this helps